Chapter 2: Battle Showdown

(Flashback)

"Hey Adam, are you going to run as the president for the Biological Research Club?" said Misty one of my closest friends.

Misty if I had to describe, had orange hair and sky-blue eyes, her hair style was slightly curly and straight it reaches all the way to her shoulders. Her uniform was of a green color with dark yellow buttons at the back, her skirt reached her knees and had a color pattern like layers consisting of dark red and dark green alternately.

"No thanks, I'd rather be free than be busy all day just to discover new elements present in chemical structures" I sighed, while walking towards the tree carrying my blue bag.

"But Adam! You haven't done anything worthwhile! You should do something to make your father proud!" Misty says this while pouting. I sat down on the bench beside the tree and placed my bag at the side and said.

"Misty, no means no and I don't care about my father ok? He's just a douche that left my mom to-"
I stop myself mid sentence as I realize that someone else was approaching, it was my driver.
I stand up from the bench, Misty has still not realize of the drivers presence.
"Adam...I'm sorry I didn't mean t-" I raise my finger and raise it in front of her face to say that it's fine.
"It's not you Misty! Look there...my driver's here", when I point my finger towards the driver, Misty faces that direction realizing her misunderstanding. "Ah...I see"

"Well see you tomorrow Misty" I said while grabbing my blue bag.
"Yeah, see you tomorrow" Misty says with a solemn look, I do the same.

As I arrive at my black car....

"Sir Adam, your father has certain matters to consult you of!" The driver says this with a proud smile, upon closer look my driver was quite young he looked to be of his 20's at his right ear contains the intercom present for every worker of my family as well as a formal black suit and black-tie attire.

"Are you the new hiree?...um what was it again" I tried to remember and the driver gives a sad look.

"Sir Adam my name is- "I raise my finger towards his face and said,

 "Wait! Don't tell me I'm getting there"
After a few seconds...

"Aha! Your name is Mark!" I said this with a proud face.
"You are incorrect Sir Adam it is Gio" The driver Gio says with a smile.

Adam paused for a second, a queasy feeling washing over him as the man, who'd introduced himself as 'Gio', stood awkwardly awaiting his orders. He felt as though he was being herded. 

But then he reminded himself that some people were just like this. They just have a more jittery manner that gives unease sometimes. Adam told himself he was reading too much into it all and yet something felt a little off.

"I see, and I was so sure as well!" laughing with Gio at the end. His phone suddenly rings he excuses himself to get his phone, he saw the usual.
Adam got a text; this text is known as a security password as it is always sent at the end of classes once a week every Monday. 

"Sorry about this, this is the security measures of my family and I'm sure you've already gotten it by now Gio, at your intercom" I point my finger towards my right ear, Gio assumes I was talking about the object in his right ear.

"....." Gio suddenly became silent, "Of course, Sir Adam!" Gio pauses at the start giving me an uneasy feeling but he then gives a proud look at the end removing those worries...just a little bit, but still....
'Strange...'

"So, let's start, shall we? What's the password Gio?"

"......." Gio is quiet, and his face changes, he smiles, it wasn't for etiquette nor was it of a friend, it was a sadistic smile, a smile I haven't seen in years from my father before and now I'm seeing it being done by Gio.