Golden eyes

"Miss Fates, Are you okay?" Eric asked from the other side of the door.

"Yes-Yes I am fine," I replied hesitantly.

"Why did you run like that?" He asked leaning against the door.
"I—I—girl's problem?" I said sheepishly.

"Oh..okay...I will give you some privacy." Eric said before leaving.
He actually bought that excuse?! Men! Ugh!! I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, now I have to handle my situation. Calm down, Cara!..." I said looking at my reflection in the mirror.

————————————>-******
————————>-*******
A few Hrs later...

"Miss Fates, are you ready for the party?" Eric asked from the other side of the door.

"Yes." I glanced at the mirror before opening the door. I wore a simple yet classy gold Metallic long dress, hugging my body elegantly. I kept my brown hair in a half up-do and finished off the look with light makeup.

As I opened the door, I noticed Eric. He was wearing a blue suit, which was making his cyan eyes pop. His hair was slicked back, sandalwood cologne was invading the air around him, as he was smelling good.

"You look beautiful Miss Fates." He said smiling seductively, looking at me.

"You clean up nice too. Mr. Knight." I replied a little flirtatiously.

"Shall we?" He asked extending his arm towards me.

Even though I don't want to touch him, I still had to respect his gesture..so without thinking too much...

I linked my arm with his and walked to his car. We both sat in silence for a while until we reached the venue.
It was beautifully decorated, with elegant lighting arrangements, different varieties of food courts and expensive varieties of beverages for the guest.
Eric and I maintained our distance, as he was busy talking to his friends.

I was sitting alone, with my food. I noticed a man around my age between 21-23 came towards me and sat next to me.

"Hi, I am Daniel Peterson." He said with a soft smile, extending his hand towards me, his green eyes gleamed with his charming smile.

"I am Cara Fates," I said shaking his hand.

"Are you new here?" He asked, curiously biting his lower lip.

"Yes...I came here my bo—

"Boyfriend!..—-hey Daniel..I hope you have met my girlfriend Cara," Eric said cutting me off.

I was about to say boss.,.why did he say that? My eyes widened in surprise.

"Cut the chase Eric.. she is not your girlfriend..—girls like her... don't deserve a jerk like you!" Daniel replied bitterly.

This doesn't look good!... I saw the vision...Daniel is, a trouble...I also saw a fight between them...I need to take Eric away from him.

"Eric...I have something to tell you..come with me." I said holding him by his arm. And dragging him with me.
He looked softly at me as I called him by his name for the first time. He walked with me silently.