Chapter 4

~Normal~

Lauren's POV

"Police?" I asked practically yelling.

Noen put his hand over my mouth "Shh,don't yell" he removed his hand "Yes,police." he said as if it was not a big deal at all.

"Why don't we leave now?Tell them what ever things your boss ever did and all that. Why the hell are we runing away from the ones that can help us?" I asked faster than a lighting bolt. I was starting to panic.

"I did all those things,too. Remember?" he said lifting his eyebrows and I nodded.
"That means I would most likely go to jail,too even after explaning everything." he added.

"Yeah,but-"

"No buts. We'll figure out what to do when we're safe." he said.

"How can we be safe,huh? They could've saved us,but we're runing away from them? I don't get it. Why are you so scared of your boss. That guy is crazy. Run away when you have a chance boy." I said crossing my arms trying to process what's actually happening right now.

I went from a completely normal girl with a great life to sitting in the back of a van runing away from the police?

What even is life?

"It doesn't matter." Noen said and looked away.

"Yes it most certainly does! How am I supossed to know how to get away if you don't tell me anything? We made a deal. We're going to run away together. I have to know who we're dealing with."

He stayed silent still not daring to meet my gaze.

"Talk to me!" I exclaimed starting to get angry.

Still nothing.

He just looked me straight in the eyes,not smiling, and looked away almost immediately.

"Fine." I said scoffing and giving up.

*couple of hours later*

"We've been in here forever." I said getting up from my laying postion.

"I have no idea where we're going." Noen said barely audiable.

"Oh so you're talking to me now?"

He moved his head 'no'.

I sighed really loudly and layed back.

"Do you even know how not okay I am right now? I'm in the back of a stupid van with a guy who kidnapped me and I'm runing away from the police." I said "My life was completely normal before this. I had an amazing family, friends and everything was just normal."

I looked at him and he turned his head to me so he was now looking at me as I spoke.

"Never have I ever thought this would happen.If someone ever told me I'd be kidnapped and driving in the back of a van runing away,I would just laugh at their face."

"I get it." he finally spoke.

"No,Noen you don't!" I said and now there were tears forming in my eyes.
"Everything in my life disappeared in a second and now I'm miles and miles away from them. Who knows if I'll ever see them again."
Tears now falling uncontrolably I let it all out.

"I think you seem to remember the reason I'm here."
He said making me look up at him.

"He's the guy keeping me safe.He's the guy giving me roof above my head.
He's the guy that kept me alive."
Noen continued and tears started to fill in his eyes.

"He's the guy who willingly took me after my parents left me.
He was the one taking care of me, because my parents obviously didn't think I was enough."
He blinked his tears away and just looked at me.

I was overwhelmed.

What is happening?

Our silence was broke by a loud bang on the van door.

It opened only to reveal unfamiliar faces.

"Who ar-" I started but was cut off by a guy.

"Don't say a word and follow us." he said as if he was commanding.
Which he probably was.

"Why would I follow a stranger?" I said trying to get as much information from him as I could.

"You're sitting in the back of a van with a guy who kidnapped you and you don't want to get out is what you're telling me?"

"How do you-"
I was taken back by that.

How could he know about this?

"Follow us." he said as he grabbed Noen's and my hand and pulled us out of the van.