🔥 XIX 🔥

"She is both Hellfire and Holy water and the flavor you taste depends on how you treat her"

19|GRIEF TAKES A HOLD OF THE HEART

The fire haired girl lies on the bed in their room, in the same position when he first brought her there, her hands lay on her stomach. The King of Hell sits on a chair beside the bed, waiting for her to wake up. His glowing red eyes never leave the girl and it takes everything in him to not hold her hand. Not only was this all his fault but she's also hurting because of him. A healer had taken a look at her, and the injury on her head is minor and no one knows why she hasn't woken up.

The injury to her head never should have knocked her out in the first place, it's strange how she's unconscious. The wound on her head has a green salve from the healer. The Underworld is a place of the dead and because of that, there isn't anything alive in there. Except for Arabella. The healer had to be brought from the human world with everything that needed to heal her. As Arabella isn't immortal, yet. Her wounds don't heal on themselves and no one wants to risk the injury getting infected, especially when it's the Queen. The one this world need, or it will fall.

The whole world depends on that one girl lying in the bed, unconscious and unmoving. Lucifer has tears in his eyes by looking at the love of his life, not knowing if she's alone in her suffering. When looking at her, none can tell she's in pain, yet they don't know that there's a chance that she's somewhere inside her mind in pain, or she could be in no pain at all, no one knows. "Any change?" Luna asks, as she walks inside the room. In her time there, the human girl who lies in the bed has come dear to her.

She won't admit it out loud, but she does care for her and won't rest until she's safe. She's protective over her future sister-in-law. "I'm afraid not" Lucifer answers, his voice is low and on the verge to break down, yet he doesn't allow himself to do that. He must remain strong, if not for himself, then for his love. Luna sits on the bed, taking the hand of the girl. "She's ice-cold. How had this happened? Fire flows through her vein" Luna asks, the two siblings look alarmed by this.

Lucifer stands up and takes her hand, she's freezing. Never in her fifteen years of living has she ever felt cold, not really. It was all an illusion for her, and her brothers, to keep her life the most normal. But, in truth fire has always been flowing through her veins, from the moment she was born. Because she never burned when they tried to burn her, this girl truly is a mystery. Her pulse his still strong and going on in a normal rhythm, and her breathing are the same, she's alive, and well. Yet, she's freezing.

"This should not happen" He says, and even when his own warm fire hand touches her, she doesn't warm up. Luna check her forehead, only to have that as cold as the rest of her. Her body heat has gone down, and now they don't know what to do. Lucifer creates flames to circle around her and go as close to her skin as possible. Even when he knows that fire doesn't harm her, he doesn't want to take any chance on his fire. The fire coming from the one who created fire in the first place is Hellfire.