gerard pitts

when you woke and noticed it was your birthday, you felt nothing. after a while you just get used to it, becoming a normal day, your roommate only greeted you, probably having no clue it was your birthday, there's no way she could know, you two aren't close. you did your usual routine and rushed down to grab breakfast with your friends and boyfriend.

"sweetie! happy birthday!" pitts said getting up with a full mouth and pulling you to a quick hug, kissing your cheek right after.

"aw, baby, thank you! one less year alive!" you exclaimed excited and most part of the boys giggled, while cameron frowned.

"jesus, you always gotta be so depressing?" cameron asked you, you rolled your eyes, sitting down with pitts.

"it's called self-deprecating humor, smartass." you replied.

"that's only a defense mechanism for those with low self-esteem, dumbass." cameron said irritated while drinking his usual orange juice.

you were about to curse him but neil interrupted you.

"cameron, c'mon, it's her birthday..." the boy said sighing.

"yeah! by the way, happy birthday, comrade!" charlie exclaimed while handing you a cupcake and you softened. "that's everything i could get you, sorry." charlie explained.

"i love it, really, thanks, comrade." you told him honestly while bitting the cupcake, it was delicious.

"happy birthday! i kept this in my room for ages." neil said taking a vinyl out of the table and you dropped the cupcake.

"neil!" you screamed, making both teachers and students to shh you. you got up running to the other side of the table where the boy was, hugging him happily and neil laughed. "oh my god, thank you so much! i'm so happy, oh my god, i love you!" you said taking connie francis vinyl, your favorite female artist at the moment. you loved music and to sing, she certainly is a big inspiration for you.

"i'm glad you liked it." neil said while you explored your gift.

"you're kidding me? i love it. i will listen to it repeatedly during the break. thank you so much." you thanked him and he rubbed your shoulders.

"i didn't know it was your birthday so i got you nothing, i'm sorry." todd told you quietly.

"it's okay, todd, it's not important." you said smiling softly at the boy.

"i wrote you a poem." knox said after cleaning his throat, shyly, you gasped out loud.

"knox? what an honour. let me see it." you asked and he handed you the paper.
it started as

like sweet chocolate ice-cream
my feelings melting now, so lovely
shinning most brightly in the dark universe
the star, and your big star next to it.

you finished reading it and the one melting was you.

"aw, knox." you couldn't say more than that as you moved again, hugging knox from behind and kissing the top of his head. "i adored it." you told him, he only smiled widely rubbing your arms.

"better watch your girl, pittsie." charlie said humourous and you rolled your eyes, backing away from knox.

"knock it off, charlie." you said sitting down next to pitts.

"after class i have a surprise for you." gerard told you. you looked at him.

"you don't need to, ge." you said quietly.

"yeah but, i want to." pitts said and you smiled, giving him a peck and hearing groans.

"i helped him, with the surprise, you know." meeks said. "so don't say i didn't give you anything and better find something for my birthday, it's coming, you guys!" he finished and you all started to talk about it.