TWO (Ruby POV)

"You must be careful with what you wish."

I should've thought about it before... I wanted to ruin Malizia's plans so badly but now I'm stuck with a wife, a spoiled brat disguised as a princess and used to have her way, and I'll have to work hard in order to re-educate her if I she wants to survive in this forest. I'm going to spend the rest of my life arguing with her... I see it coming. Damn, I don't know what got into me. I could've put a spell on her: turning her into a frog, putting her to sleep for a hundred of years or turning her father into an ogre... that would've ruined my enemy's plans anyway. Why did I have to marry her? I took that decision in less than one second and didn't hesitate when I poured the aphrodisiac in her dinner, I didn't think about the consequences , I thought it was a brilliant idea and enjoyed every minute of my conversation with the bitch who ruined my life and family. I didn't consider a different option, not for one minute. Why?

"Because you're a witch, and therefor impulsive and hot-tempered, because you were tired of living alone, sick of rotting in this nasty forest like Malizia said, and you wanted a partner, someone to talk to, a warm body sleeping next to you..." My conscience blurts out in my mind and I can't help rolling my eyes because it's right. Even the most anti-social of the witches needs some human warmth from time to time. At least I'm satisfied in that sense, Aranel is hot and responsive to my touch, her response was very passionate and I don't think the aphrodisiac was entirely responsible for that... I can't wait to do it again, no drugs this time... Her taste was sweet at spicy on my tongue, her skin soft and her mouth delicious. I can't help smiling mischievously because I'm going to enjoy those lessons particularly, the poor and inexperienced princess will learn new things. Maybe we'll do fine together after all.

"You tricked me!" Aranel frowns and tries to move away, pushing my shoulders with her hand although it's useless since I'm stronger than her even without my magical power. Seeing her struggling for some seconds is funny but I hug her tight again, chuckling before whispering in her ear.

"Yes, I did." She gets goose bumps when my breath fans her skin and fidgets nervously when the tip of my tongue licks her earlobe. Her bewilderment is pretty obvious, like she doesn't understand what I'm doing or why her body reacts in such an odd way to my touch. How funny...

"You admit it!" Her offended tone of voice grabs my attention and I pull away slightly so I can look at her face but still hugging her.

"Of course," I shrug and the girl stares at me like I'm crazy. What's wrong with this woman? Does she understand me when I talk to her?

"You lied to me, you manipulated me..." She punches my shoulder now and I frown, I'm starting to get upset and that's bad news for her. "And you aren't sorry."

"Hello? I'm a witch..." I wave my hand in front of her face. "I do whatever I want, whenever I want and never offer any explanation... Perks of being good at handling magic. Better get used to it, princess." I release her waist and let her butt drop on the wooden surface of my table to get closer to the cauldron on the fire. The stew is almost ready but before I have to give Luna her food, happy and well-fed black cats are the best barrier against bad energy and it's pretty obvious I'll need her help if Malizia is talking shit about me somewhere near this forest, most likely.

"Can this bond be undone?" I turn around abruptly and stare at her frowning, lights floating near the ceiling flicker and Aranel steps back obviously frightened by my rage. Great, a bit of fear will do her good, her life as a spoiled and carefree brat princess is gone and I won't tolerate her tantrums like her father did.

"No, when the Goddess is a witness to an oath the bond binds us forever. We're married and a divorce isn't a possibility... unless you want the fury of Mother Nature fall on you... You don't want that, believe me."