trente et un

●○●

Jasper pulls into his family's driveway, peeking over at the two Fernsby's to find them still asleep. He unconsciously smiles down as he places a chunk of hair behind Tatum's ear. Jasper was still riding his 'mega-confident' high, so he decided to push a little further. He leans down and presses a gentle kiss to the tip of her nose.

"C'mon, darlin'. We're here." 

A sudden flash goes off from Tatum's door, making Jasper jump. Alice stands there, leaning on the door, looking down at the picture she just took. She smugly looks up at Jasper and quirks her eyebrow up.

"Just friends my ass," she teases slyly, walking back into the house. Jasper rolls his eyes and grumbles about how unfair his family is until he notices Avery starting to stir in the backseat. He quietly gets out of the car and heads towards the side where he's on...but Rosalie beats him to it.

"I got him. You take care of yours," Rosalie says, picking Avery up and laying him against her chest. She throws him one last smirk before walking inside. Jasper huffs an annoyed breath before looking at Tatum. She sleeps so peacefully in the car, Jasper didn't want to wake her. He opens the door quietly and softly shakes her shoulder. 

She doesn't wake.

So he decides to kiss her cheek and whisper a wake-up call.

"Tate, darlin'-"

And she's up.

●○●

As soon as the three settle into the house, the family rushes into the living room and starts a movie. The Polar Express plays as the family softly shares small talk, sparing small glances at the trio of arrivers.

"So, Tatum, how was France?" Carlisle asks, making the first move of interaction between the family and her (minus the car ride with Jasper). She looks at him and smiles before answering with a simple 'good'. She feels like she's invading their family time and doesn't want to overstay her welcome. 

"Did you go to Paris at one point?" Esme asks, smiling intriguingly at the human. Alice's attention snaps to Tatum, wanting to know the answer more than anyone else.

"We did, it was really fun. The city is beautiful and-"

"Did you go shopping?" Alice interrupts. 

"We did, actually," Tatum says, noticing Alice's eyes bulge out of her pale face. "We went to Gucci and Louis Vuitton, but otherwise, we just went to thrift stores or small brand stores."

"Us girls should go shopping together, you have great taste," Rosalie says, cuddling with Avery even more. Emmett groans and tries to hug his wife but gets pinched by Esme as a warning. 'Don't make her angry' was all over Esme's face. 

Emmett groans even louder and crosses his arms like a small child. Tatum giggles under her breath and tries to conceal it, but, unknowingly, the whole family heard. They smile as they see Jasper put his arm around her shoulder and pull her into his side. He leans down and whispers in her ear.

"Shh, you'll hurt his ego even more than it is already."

Tatum nods while trying to keep more giggles contained. Alice and Edward share a glance. They both stare off into the distance and suddenly come back to the surface. Carlisle, Esme, and Emmett share a glance. The two just used their gifts in front of humans. They watch as Edward and Alice seem to have a mental conversation.

Edward, this may not end well.

What do you mean, Alice? They'll be okay.

Until the Volturi find out!

Alice, they won't find out. You said it yourself, they're meant for each other. We just need to wait until she's changed and they'll become mates. I know it.

You're the mind reader, Edward. I'm the seer. I'd know it.

But the predictions can change. Theirs will change. If not, then we'll fake our deaths again. 

And leave them mourning?! Are you insane?

No, but I know they'll get through it. Avery wouldn't even remember us, he's only three.

Yeah, and Jasper's already like a father-figure to him. Why take away, not only one but two, figures away? His mom is missing, his dad is who-knows-where, he's taken care of by his aunt, and has a vampire family supporting him! We've already ruined his life, Edward! We don't need to do any more damage.

Alice, calm down. We'll be okay. We will all be okay. Jasper is getting really good with control. We need to trust him with this. He has to make his own decisions. 

But I don't want him to accidentally hurt someone again!

He won't! He's getting better, he is perfectly good being that close to a human. Look at the two! They're cuddling! It won't happen again. We won't let it.

404 Error This Conversation No Longer Exists.

Alice, we're in a mental conversation!

404 Error.