quarante six

(a/n: this is published earlier than usual because WE HIT 50,000 READS!!!!! i love you guys so much and this is a little thank you present<3)

January 3rd

Christmas break was over and New Year had passed

Christmas break was over and New Year had passed. It was the first day back to school after the twelve-day school was over and Tatum was not thrilled. She decided to go comfy and only try a little bit. She didn't even do her hair, just a little mascara and foundation to cover her blemishes. She quickly runs downstairs. Her dad was going to stay home with Avery because the toddler had gotten the flu for the third time that year.

She grabs her keys and a freshly baked buttered croissant from her mother's hand before carefully heading out to her car. She sets her pastry in a napkin and places it next to her backpack, focusing on the road. As soon as she makes it to school, she grabs her food and backpack and starts to head inside the school. She slips on the ice but quickly gains her balance once more. 

Entering the school was way more chaotic than Tatum thought it would be. There was shouting in the middle of the hallway. Unfortunately, it all turned on her once people saw her appearance. She looks at who was in the argument. Keith and Jasper. One was angrier than the other, and it wasn't Jasper.

"What the hell is going on?" she asks the crowd. Of course, it had to be Lauren Mallory that answers.

"You're the new shit, Keith mad 'cause Hale is sleeping with you."

"Is that what Keith said?"Tatum asks, turning to Angela Weber. The colored girl nodded guiltily. Tatum quietly thanks Angela before turning to the crowd, taking a bite of her croissant. The crowd watches her as she swallows her food. She looks at both of the boys, Jasper smirking at her actions. Keith was red in the face and had his arms crossed.

"Lemme clarify something that none of you need to know anyways. Jasper and I aren't fucking. Move on with your lives. Buh-bye." she says, waving to the disappearing crowd. Keith decides to try and say something.

"Are you seri-"

Try.

"Buh. Bye."

●○●

Tatum was currently sitting in the waiting room outside the principal's office. She had been called down during her third hour. Tatum had no idea as to why, but she figured it could've been because of the fight from early. If you could even call that a fight. Soon enough, she was called into the office.

"Good evening, Miss Fernsby. I'm guessing you're wondering why you're here," Mrs. Meyer says. Tatum nods, letting the principal go on. "We have a new student arriving on the 16th and I thought that you'd be able to show her around. You'd be able to give her a tour from your perspective as a newer student."

"I can totally do that," Tatum says. Mrs. Meyer hands her some papers on what the new student needs to know and things they should probably know. 

"I also wanted to discuss about the fight in the hallway this morning."

Ah shit.

"I just kind of walked in and it quieted down. I saw Keith yelling at Jasper and Jasper did nothing but look calm. I told everyone to go on with their lives and that's the end of my participation," Tatum says, relaxing in her chair.

"Do you know what it was about?"

"About my nonexistence sexual activity," Tatum says truthfully. Mrs. Meyer starts writing something down. It was probably a report of her words. 

"Are you at least being safe?" Mrs. Meyer asks, making Tatum snort.

"Nonexistence was in front of sexual activity. I think I'm being extra safe," she says, laughing softly. 

"Which one did you allegedly sleep with?" Mrs. Meyer asks, still writing things down.

"Jasper Hale, ma'am." 

"Are you copying his accent?" she asks, softly blowing air out of her nose as a sign of humor.

" Yes, ma'am."

"My only word of advice is to be safe, keep it private, and don't do anything if you aren't comfortable. Trust me when I say it won't be good unless you're completely comfortable with them," Mrs. Meyer says, stopping her writing process. 

"Thanks for the advice, Mrs. M," she says, nodding nicely at the principal. She didn't know if she should be grateful or uncomfy. Mrs. Meyer nods at her, signaling that their discussion was over. Tatum grabs her backpack and heads towards the door. The lunch bell had rung, meaning it was time for Junior and Senior lunch. "Oh, Mrs. M. What's the girl's name that I'm touring?"

"Isabella Swan."

●○●