Chapter 8-Our Parents... (Part 1)

"This is such a relic," I said as we stared at the old camera Mrs. Oats gave us. She wanted us to fix it, but this is, it's super old.

"A relic!" I heard the Damos boys gasp. I couldn't help but chuckle a bit. It was, foreign to me how they were so interested in something that was basic nature to us. Or at least Mrs. Oats. This thing was super outdated.

"Is it powerful?" Asch asked.

"Can it kill someone!?" Lief shouted.

"It's gonna kill us with how complicated this thing is to fix," Ava answered in pure annoyance. Rhys, Noi, and Pierce walked over to us. Rhys' eyes lighting up as he asked us if we could fix a relic.

"No," Ava sighed, "Mrs. Oats brought this over and asked us to fix it for her. She was gonna pay us a lot to fix it."

"I can," I said as I began digging my hand in and pulling out the gears, "I used to work in an auto tech place and did a lot of stuff like this."

"GEEZ!" Ava shouted, "Tris how many jobs have you had?"

"Too many to count!" I laugh with a bright smile.

"Why does she want this thing fixed?" Lief asked.

"Because to her, you guys are like our boyfriends," I answered.

"Exactly," Ava agreed, "And at this point, I think we're both tired of fighting her. She's old and, close to death." I nodded.

"Yeah," I comment in, "And we really like her, so if anyone asks, just tell her you're our boyfriends or whatever."

"Funny," Lief said, for once calmly, "Elder humans here don't seem to be as terrifying as Lady Grandma."

"Wait, Lady, Grandma?" Ava asked.

"Yes," Rhys responded, "She's the former Queen of Damos, and one of the most powerful."

"Is she, all of your guys' Grandma?" Ava asked.

"No," Noi answered, "She's Lady Grandma."

"Wait are you guys brothers?" Ava asked again. I tried not to laugh.

"Lady Grandma," Asch said with a scoff, "Is my grandmother."

"But her name is, Lady, Grandma?" Ava asked and I had to chuckle. How does she not get this?

"Just finish fixing the relic!" Asch demanded, "I wanna see how it works!" I rolled my eyes and headed down the hall.

"Ava I'll be back in a few," I told her, "I promised Jake I'd bring him some of my red velvet cupcakes since he helped me unpack." I picked the plate up off a small table and headed off to the door.

"Ugh, just, hurry," She said as I walked outside... She has to chill sometimes. I headed all the way downstairs and caught Jake outside. He was talking with... oh no. I dropped the cupcakes and ran right back upstairs. Not good. Not good. Not good!

"AVA!" I screamed and barged in, practically breaking down the door.

"AHHH!!" Ava screamed and halfway fell off the couch, "Tris! What is wrong with you!?" I was in a panic-I couldn't get the words out, I needed to breathe.

"Tristian?" Pierce asked as I bent over, my hands dropping onto my knees, "What's wrong?" I sucked in one large breathe, letting my voice carry out the sharp words.

"DAD AND POP!" I shouted and Ava's eyes went wide, "YOU GUYS GO THROUGH YOUR WALL! NOW!" I then turned on my heels and grabbed my back to change out of my workout clothes. Just as I was turning the corner I hear the doors fly opened and my clothes practically fall out of my hands. Shoot.

There they stood. The white-haired, green-eyed, business Dad and then Pop, his blonde hair and blue eyes looked more worried than Dad's. Oh, my word.

"Pumpkin! Bumblebee!" Dad shouted. I didn't need to turn around to know that all of the Damos boys' faces were in a worrying shock. Were they scared, terrified, or did they think they were gonna die?

"THIS ISN'T WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!" Ava shouted as I took a quick step back and turned to run.

"Get away from our babies!" Dad shouted as Pop ran over and grabbed both of us in a tight hug, practically picking Ava off the ground.

"You demons!" Pop shouted in anger, "They're our sweet, innocent baby girls! Do you not have a sense of moral responsibility?!"

"We aren't demons!" Lief shouted, "We're Damos!"

"I'm calling the police," Dad said as he took out his phone. My first reaction-NOPE! I pulled out of Pops grasp and ran over to Dad grabbing his phone and throwing it through the window.

"NO!" I shouted as I did so.

"Dad! Pop! Please let us explain!" Ava shouted in a panic.

"Girls you don't have to resort to this!" Pop shouted, "We're your parents we'll help you through anything! If you needed money all you had to do was ask!"

"It's not like that Pop!" Ava shouted.

"Let our Prisoners go," Asch said as he brought the fireball back into his hands. I had, no words. NONE! It was at that point, I collapsed and just, fainted. I can't believe Asch just called us his prisoners in front of our parents.

"Tristian our parents are here wake up!" Ava shouted while shaking me.

"Holy sh-" I said and jumped off the ground.

"Parents?" Rhys said cutting me off.

"QUICK!" I shouted.

"WE NEED TO GET THEM OUTSIDE THE DOOR!" Ava shouted. We were into much of a panic to think anymore. I don't even know which ones carried them out, all I know is we were dead. They sat outside the door, just as I came out of the bathroom in my everyday clothes. I looked at Ava and shook my head.

"Ava I never told them I was back in town..." I said as I realized, that was the least of our problems. Quickly she ran over to the guys, ignoring what I had to say as she yelled at them to go through the wall. She wasn't in the wrong. If our parents saw us with them now, there would be no going back! "HIDE THE CAMERA!" I shouted after them. Ava turned and was about to open the door before she motioned me back.

"Hide with the guys," She said, "I know you like to drop in with them a week or so after you come back. Just hurry!" I nodded and ran around the corner, seeing Rhys and Noi trying to clean up broken glass from the camera. Oh no! I quickly bent over and helped them try to gather the pieces.

"My parents are gonna kill us," I muttered as we through them into our hands.

"Y-Your... Parents?" Rhys asked.

"WHERE ARE THEY! I'LL-" I heard Pop say, causing me to hide farther behind the couch. Oh, my word! Ava why!?

"See?" I heard Ava tell them, "No one's here!" I could hear her voice shaking and then I realized, Noi wasn't hiding.

"I KNEW IT!" Pop shouted.

"Who are you?" Dad said calmly, but sternly.

"Is Noi going to die?" Rhys whispered to me. I let out a sigh and shut my eyes tight. What was happening??? Noi quickly stood and ran over to Ava, Rhys-HE FOLLOWED NOI!?!?! RHYS IS SUPPOSE TO BE THE ONE WITH COMMON SENSE!

"I'M HER BOYFRIEND!" They both shouted at the same time. I facepalmed myself and dropped the glass from my hands. I knew that this would be where I'd have to step in, and I did.

"WHAT?!?" Dad and Pop shouted in unison. At this point, I stood from behind the couch with a sigh, my eyes closed as I walked over to them. I didn't even need to say anything. They just looked at me. "O-Okay... I'm sorry, which one of you is Ava's boyfriend and which one of you is Tris' boyfriend?" Dad looked like he was about to die.

"I-I AM TRISTIAN'S BOYFRIEND!" WHY!? WHY!? OF EITHER ONE OF THEM TO SAY IT!? WHY!?