Phantom and Night Chap 18

*Canid's Picture*

Her silver hair swayed with the cold air. What was it? Who was she? She has long wavy hair that flowed down to her thin ankles. Her skin was pale as the snow she's stepping on. Leaving behind her bare feet's tracks.

"Canid.."

She turn her head to eye the tall man behind her. Then she hugged her bare chest to hide her naked body. Her hair served as her protection from the cold air.

She was naked but the man in front of him didn't mind that but the fact that she was obviously a woman from that clan.

The Canid.

"Who are you? Are you gonna kill me too perhaps? All of you. Wanted only our heads for your own satisfaction. Kill me if you shall. I don't care anymore." She said with a bitter smile etched to her pale features.

She turn away and continue walking but her thin legs gave up on her and she fell kneeling on the thick snow. Though the way her body pained her didn't shocked her.. but more of the man who remove his coat and wrapped it around her bare body. She look up to see a gentle smile that form on that man's handsome complexion. Finally she noticed who the man was. With wide eyes she scan the man's features and his expensive clothing. Her eyes caught the royal emblem knitted on his coat that was now giving her cold skin warmth.

"You're the Welkin king."

"Perhaps I am." He said and he was quick to carry the woman.

"And you are perhaps my mate." The kings words made the Canid woman frown but somehow.. She believes him.

"That is absurd.. Yet.. I believe you. Take me with you." She stuck close with the King and sigh with his warmth. Even with his cold skin.

"It is. Though as impossible as it is. You are mine now.

I'll protect you if it's the last thing I would do."

"What is your name?"

"Haves. But I hated that name. My future wife can call me Theo."

"Theo it is then." She blinked and already she was engulfed with warmth and place down a soft mattress that is covered with white and golden sheets. Theo disappeared and reappeared with a silky white robe for the Canid woman.

"And yours?" He asks as he help her put on the robe.

"Mine?"

"Name, my dear" she smiled and welcomed the flowery scent of the robe that hug her body.

"Medea.."

"Medea. Such a beautiful name." He smiled.

"You know whatever it is. If we are mates or not, your highness. This can't be. I am from the clan that is powerful enough to be feared. Your citizen wouldn't want a Canid as your mate, Sire."

"I am a king. I will talk with your clan. Once they knew my intentions they'll let me have you. My people wouldn't opposed my word. My word is the law my lovely Medea. So just rest for today. Tomorrow.. I'll make you my queen."

"My-my.. You have no time to loose, Kin-"

"Theo is fine." Theo held her thin hands with his and smiled at her.

"Theo then.. Although we just met. I might tell you. I am not a woman who is fit to be Queen."

"My mate is the only one fitted to be my Queen"

"Such words." She smiled and kissed Theo's hand that was holding hers.

"It is a yes then. Shall I go pick my dress for my wedding now?"