Chapter 7

(Caroline Tarek, Roman's Sister)

Roman's POV

I try to open my eyes, but it feels like they weigh tons.

I hear a beeping monitor in the background somewhere.

~Ohh shit. You screwed up again Roman.~

My wolf, Axl says.

~Yes, now our mate hates us.~

Damon says.

~Damon, she is not our mate, she's MINE~

~You bastard!~

~Enough, both of you.~ I say to them through my head.

~Maybe if you just told her what we were, she would understand what happened~

~Yeah and while you're at it why don't you give her a microphone so everyone can hear when she rejects us.~

~I said ENOUGH!~ I yell at them.

Most humans find it difficult to understand the spirits inside supernaturals, but for us it's like having another brother or sister in your head. When they talk to you, no one else can hear them, and in order to talk to them yourself, you just think your thoughts. It's more simple than it sounds.

They act as a conscience, but they have emotions about your life like you do, and sometimes they don't give the best advice. In werewolves, sometimes the wolf comes out and takes control of your physical form because they feel very emotional or you're too weak to move yourself.

~Please Roman, fix this. We need her.~

~You don't think I know that?!?~

~Roman, you need to wake up.~

~Nooooo, I wanna rest~

~Shut up you lazy ass~

~I'm sorry, what the hell did you just call me??~

I mentally roll my eyes at the two spirits in my head. Why must they always fight?

I block them out so I can't hear them and focus on trying to wake up.

I peel my eyes open and look around the darkened room. It looks to be in our infirmary.

I hear steady breathing and look to my left. Makada's sitting in a chair, her head slightly leaning on our shoulder as she sleeps.

I can't help the small smile that graces my lips. She cares about me.

I move to go to her, but searing pain in my ankles and wrists stops me.

"Shit," I mutter out.

I'm chained to the hospital bed with silver bands, burning me whenever I try to move.

I feel Damon and Axl both trying to take control and break the bands, they're both angry we're not able to go to our mate.

I feel them start to fight for control, and my body starts slamming against the bands, trying to get to our mate.

I feel sparks fly up my arm and I instantly become calm.

I look over to see Makada holding my arm and looking at me with worried eyes.

"Shh, it's alright. Your Beta just did it in case you were angry with me when you woke up,"

Angry? With Makada?