Chapter Eleven

One Month Later

"Dang it, Clover! I said just let me be alone! What about that don't you get?" Kane yelled at Clover as she tried to speak.

Clover's fell and her heart broke. She knew that Kane didn't mean that, but he said it, so it hurt.

"Oh, well, I-i guess I'll leave. I won't bother you anymore," Clover said dejectedly as she walked out of the room.

She knew better than to stay, she would never overstep boundaries and overstay her welcome. She was going back home to Dahlia.

Walking to their room, Clover grabbed a suitcase and packed a few day's worth of clothes. As she opened her drawer, tears began to fall from her eyes.

She didn't know what she would do about Kane, but she didn't care at the moment. She wouldn't put up with his rotten behavior.

While she understood why he was upset, there was no excuse for cursing and yelling at your wife.

And while she was disappointed in his actions, she still prayed that he would be alright, it was never easy to deal with pain.

-

Earlier today

"Try it! It's delicious," Clover said as she held the spoon up to Kane's mouth. She decided to make lunch and Kane decided to act like a toddler with their vegetables.

"Okay, I'll try it, but, I want a kiss afterward," Kane bargained with a teasing look in his eyes.

Clover covered her mouth as she laughed and nodded. "Fine, whatever, just try it!" She said as Kane opened his mouth.

A moment of silence occurred and Clover grew nervous. She wanted Kane to like the new recipe she made, if he wouldn't like it she'd be fine, but she wanted him to like it.

Kane put on a look of disgust, but he enjoyed a bite of Clover's food. "Oh, I guess you don't-"

Kane cut Clover off with a kiss and she wrapped her arms around his neck. "Whew, darlin! This has got to be the best food I ever tasted,"

Clover smiled and playfully hit Kane. "You're rude, you can't just look like that and then say something good! Goodness,"

Kane pouted and gave Clover puppy dog eyes, which made her cringe. "I'm sorry, I'll be good, darlin. Only if you give me a kiss,"

Clover turned her head to the side and made a stank face at Kane. "You're even crazier than I thought, why would I kiss you? You're the one in the wrong," And under her breath, she whispered, "Nutty bumpkin,"

Kane stood and threw Clover over his shoulder. "Nutty, what?" He said with a fake hard tone.

Clover laughed and felt lightheaded, but she was enjoying being on Kane's shoulder. "I said, nutty bumpkin!" She screamed in his ear.

Kane ran to the living room with Clover giggling like a lunatic, and once he was in front of the couch, he gently threw her onto the couch.

Straddling her he said, "Nutty bumpkin say what?" He asked with a playful glint in his eyes and Clover tilted her head to the side as she tried to figure out what the nutty bumpkin said.

"Um, what?"

"Nutty bumpkin says that he lo-" Kane cursed whoever was calling him, they ruined the perfect moment for his love confession.