Chapter 4 - A Fleeting Moment

A grey haired jonin walked through Konoha to go to the Hospital. He was assigned by the Hokage to pick up a visitor and to show him around. He knew that he was late but he didn't mind; almost making it intentional to be late. He was curious on this visitor whom on the first day came to Konoha and already needed medical attention. 

Once he finally arrived, he looked over to the visitor's file which he got from the Hokage so he would not make a mistake. It said blonde hair, indigo eyes, tall, and delicate face. He then proceed to the lobby and asked the nurse. "Hasegawa Akira?"

"He's in the furthest room over there. You may need to wait a while,"explained the nurse. 

Kakashi nodded and went to the room which was pointed by the nurse. He was a bit bewildered because he was already late, but then this visitor would be ready much later than him. What exactly was wrong with him that needed so much time to get the treatment done. He was about to sit down and read his Icha Icha book when he suddenly heard a deep calm voice asking him. 

"Are you the shinobi who will escort me around Konoha?"

Kakashi looked at the man in front of him and saw a dull indigo eyes stared at him. He quickly studied him and finally understood why he took so much time. Getting both arms to be transplanted would really need much time. 

Kakashi nodded and smiled behind his mask. "Hatake Kakashi. Nice to meet you."
Although he was smiling, he was actually being wary around Akira. Akira himself could sense it.

Deep down, Akira was perplexed in dealing with his former sensei. All of the jonin out there, Hokage had to choose Kakashi, though Akira was fully understood the reason why. Kakasi was a very careful shinobi. He would not easily trust other people. He would try to interrogate you in his own way trying to find hidden purpose out of you. 

"Hasegawa Akira... It's nice to meet you too,"said Akira.

'Will you be alright?'Kurasa spoke in concern. The demon fox knew the ripple inside Akira's heart the moment he sensed a familiar chakra approaching the room. 

'...I have to,'Akira answered softly.

"Now, let's take you first to the apartment while showing you around Konoha,"Kakasi said as he put away his book. "Follow me."

Akira followed the grey haired shinobi while keeping a certain distance. Kakashi noticed this and brought to his attention that the blonde man had many scars. Due to his arms just got transplanted, Akira didn't wear long sleeve clothes. Instead, he wore a short sleeve clothes given by the Hospital whereas his tattered clothes and worn out cape were thrown out at the very time he received new clothes. 

Aside to that, Kakasi also noticed a bandage was wrapped up on his upper left arm. He kept it in mind because that place was usually for ANBU tattoo. He then determined to find that out sooner or later.

Breaking the silent, Kakashi spoke to Akira,"Before going to the apartment, I think it's best for you to purchase some clothing. I bet you don't have them,right seeing you didn't bring anything."

Akira frowned a little bit because he didn't have any cash right now. Even his transplanted arms were put to his tab. Knowing this, Kakashi explained to him. "Don't worry. I got a pocket money from the Hokage because he thought you might need it. This will not be put on your tab."

"Alright, thank you,"Akira said. A faint smile slipped on Akira's face.

They went to one clothing store near the Hospital. Akira remembered this store. The memory was still fresh in his mind. This was the only store that would sell clothes to him when he was a child. Not to mention that they would also overcharged him. Things got better once he grew up though.

Kakashi waited in front of the store, while Akira looked around to find suitable clothing for him. He picked  a couple of black ANBU long sleeve shirts and black ANBU pants. He wanted to cover his arms so people wouldn't pay attention to it. 

From the window, Kakashi watched the man picked the clothes. He then made his own judgement. He thought that this mysterious man was gloomy and introvert from the style of clothing he chose, especially from his way of talking. He felt that Akira was making a barrier so people would not try to speak longer than needed. Another thing he noticed was that Akira got dark circles under his indigo eyes from lacking of sleeps, tired expression, dull looking eyes, and pale skin. If he was a traveler who roamed around places, he should have tan skin. However, this man was looking very sick. 

Unknowingly, Akira could sense that Kakashi was studying him from the outside. 

'He must have taken some notes about you by now. Not to mention your pale skin and scars. He even probably would recognized the tattoo on your upper arm,'Kurama spoke in Akira's mind.

'I know, but I couldn't waste any of my chakra anymore to change everything. My skin got pale due to the long infiltration mission I got from before. My scars and tattoo...'Akira said in frustration not continuing what he was about to say. 'Let's just hope that he will mind his own business at least for 3 months till my probation time is done.'

Kurama said nothing more as he didn't want to put more stress on his container. Kurama didn't fully remember since when he felt sympathy to his container. He just suddenly had soft spot and cared for him; especially he knew what he went through ever since Akira was little. 

Akira went out from the shop and walked to Kakashi who was reading Icha Icha book while waiting for him. 

Covering your motive as usual Kakashi-sensei... 

Kakashi stood up from his spot. "Done with your shopping? I'll take you to the apartment now."

Akira nodded curtly and followed him again. As he walked along the way, he knew right away where he would be staying. Alley by alley they passed by until they reached a run down apartment in the downtown district. 

"You'll be staying here,"Kakashi waved his hand to the apartment."Your room will be on the right corner over there."

When Akira saw where his room was, he clenched his fist. His eyes darted to the room next door instead. 

Naruto...

A loud voice snapped Akira's thought. "Kakashi-sensei! What are you doing here? Are you perhaps looking for me?"

"Ah, Naruto. Sorry, but no. I am escorting our visitor of Konoha to his private quarter,"Kakashi explained. 

A blonde hair with beautiful cerulean eyes stared at Akira. 3 whiskers could be seen on both of his cheeks. A wide grin framed his face as he moved towards Akira. 

"Hi! I'm Naruto dattebayo! I live over there,"Naruto said cheerfully as he pointed his room.

Akira let out a small chuckled before answering Naruto, "Hello, I'm Hasegawa Akira; your neighbor."

Apparently, the Hokage deliberately made Akira lived next to the nine tail jinchuuriki. Akira quite predicted this because he had mentioned that he knew in whom the nine tail was more or less. The Hokage wanted to know what Akira would do to the jinchuuriki. This was like a test for Akira; a test whether the Hokage could trust him or not. He just wasn't really ready to face Naruto who was the younger version of his. He who was still innocent, loud, cheerful, and never waiver of anything; the traits which were lost from him now. 

For a fleeting moment, Akira was relieved seeing his younger self. However, for a fleeting moment, he was jealous of Naruto as he had everything he currently didn't have.