Chapter 8 - Intruder

Later at night, Akira was awoken by the nightmare that was haunting him all the time.

Another sleepless night,Akira thought to himself. 

Drenched in sweat, he opted the idea to try sleeping again. He decided to take a quick shower to relieve himself from all the tiredness and sweat he had. He walked out the door, only to find the ANBU was sleeping on the couch. 

He smirked at that. Who said ANBU was an elite the could observe people 24/7 straight? He walked quietly as not to wake the tired ANBU. He closed his bathroom door slowly and proceed with his shower. He wrapped himself with towel and immediately grabbed a bandage to cover his ANBU tattoo on his upper left arm. 

He saw his reflection on the mirror. His dark circles got even darker than before. His face looked pale from the lack of sleep and malnutrition. He drop his henge and saw his cerulean eyes which were lifeless stared back at him. Three whiskers from each cheeks could be seen on his face. He then moved his eyes to the scar on his chest. He remembered that he got it during his fight with his rival and brother. Below it, he saw a noticable burnt scar and many other scars decorated his body. Finally, on his stomach, he saw the kyuubi seal stood out there. 

'Hey, Kurama, do you want me to release you?'asked Akira softly.

This question irked Kurama making him growled at Akira,'Shut up kit! Just get some sleep!'He didn't like it one bit that Akira asking him about it knowing fully what would happen to Akira himself. 'Aren't we trying to save the future together? What nonsense are you spouting right now.'

Akira shrugged nonchalantly. 'I just felt that it was unfair for you. I used your power, you couldn't go outside,but stayed in this hole, and you could do nothing at all.'

Kurama sighed at that.'Listen carefully kit for I will not repeat myself. First, I am willing to lend you the power. That's different. Second and third are actually related, I love being lazy so I don't mind being stuck in here. Who said that I could do nothing at all? I am doing something in here; sleeping for example. And even bugging you here.'He paused and looked straight to Akira.'I like being your friend,Naruto so I don't mind as long as I could help you.'This last sentence came out almost like a whisper, but loud enough so Akira could hear it. 

Akira's lip curled up and he hugged Kurama. 'Thank you furball.'

'Who is your furball?! Go back! You're disrupting my sleep!'snarled Kurama. Although he shouted like that, Akira could see Kurama's cheek turned red due to embarrassed. Akira smiled happily and went back. 

Akira henge himself again making him the same as his previous henge. He put on his shirts and stepped outside the bathroom. He went to check the ANBU only to find that he was snoring now. Akira decided to go back to his room. 

He lied down on his bed and thought what he should do next. He started by lining up the upcoming events. The first event that would be happening around 3 months from now would be the attack of the third Hokage on the chuunin exam. He tried to remember the details on the event making a deep crease appeared between his eyebrows.  He frowned, eyes furrowed as he gathered his thought. He really despised the snake sannin. What the snake sannin did was unforgivable, especially the experiment he did on countless children. Akira became sick remembering all of that. 

He calmed himself down and thought about a plan. He needed to be deemed trustworthy enough to be able to involve in the chuunin exam. Since the exam would be held 3 months from now, that meant it would happen when his probation time was over. He needed to act quickly to earn the trust from the Hokage and the council. His main concern was actually not the Hokage but the council. Ever since before, the council could drag him down. They sometimes limited the way he moved and that frustrated Akira the most.