Welcome :)

So this is my first time writing a story for this platform.

Any constructive criticism is completely welcome.

Please don't upload my work anywhere else.

And that's about it.

Extract at the end.

Character Profiles:

Arya Carlson (Ah-Ree-Yah)

Studied Clinical Psychology (I had to do a lot of research on this and it was hard to find out how many years the degree would take so I just took the most common one)

25 years old

She has curly brown hair, light brown skin and brown eyes. Tall and curvy.

Her mum is British Indian and her dad is British (Arya is an Indian name and Carlson in her father's surname and is British) (Diversity baby 🤗)

Malik

Unknown but sexy as hell ;)

The book is set in the UK

Have fun

Don't forget to vote and comment and share this book with people

Here is an extract, a little taster:

I could feel the weight of his gaze even through the one-way glass. I tried to shake off my unease. There was no way Malik could see me, it was impossible. I shifted to the right slightly. Nurse Carter didn't seem to notice anything. She continued to talk about how important first dates were and how to make a good impression. I peeked through the side of my eyes through my eyelashes. He was no longer looking at me but seemed preoccupied with something else. I sighed in relief.

"Arya?" Nurse Carter was waving her hand in my face to get my notice.

"Yes, sorry, what were you saying?" I asked, tearing my attention away from him.

"Where is the date?"

"At the inn, Meyer's inn"

"Oh, that's really sweet. That's the one my husband proposed to me at. Lucky you. For a first date, that's pretty good. What time did Karl say?"

I zoned out once again, my mind on Malik. His normal calm demeanour switched to something more lethal. He seemed to be clenching his fists and I could see the angry, protruding veins on his hands as he gripped the edge of the table. Apart from that, he looked completely normal. He couldn't hear us, right?

I realised Nurse Carter was waiting for an answer so I reminded her that it was at seven.

Suddenly, his gaze turned to me. He stared straight into my eyes. I felt the blood rush out of my face. There was no denying it. He could somehow see me. How else would he know exactly where I was standing? His face twisted into a dangerous smirk, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Tonight," he mouthed. "I'll see you".

I stepped back. He couldn't get out. He couldn't hear me. He couldn't see me. It was impossible. The self-denial overtook my emotions along with fear.

"At seven", he continued.

He shouldn't be able to hear me. How could he have heard me? This room was soundproof. I felt dizzy with fear and possibilities. He could hear things he shouldn't. He could see things he shouldn't. He could harm someone without touching them. The biology wasn't adding up. Who was he?

What was he?

"Arya, are you alright?" Nurse Carter grabbed my hand. "You look really pale. I think you should get Dr Patel to have a look at you".

"I'm fine, I'm good. Don't worry. I'm just nervous about the date that's all", I choked out. I could feel his amusement from here and he waved a few fingers at me, clearly enjoying my squirming.

"I'm so sorry Nurse Carter. I'll have to catch you later". I picked up my bag and quickly walked out of the room, feeling his stare boring into my back.

I would have to warn the guards. He could never escape from here. 

I hope you liked the extract, there's more juicy stuff to come :)

A/N:

Hi, it's me - alphaholic from the future. I would just like to say please vote as you go along the story. It really means a lot to me and you only have to press a button. It's like a little heart and it really encourages me to keep writing.

Plus, you'll get a chapter dedication if you do :)

Thank you ❤️

Please bear with the first few chapters, they set the scene and the background for the book. And they're short. Then the real tea starts 😈

A/N:

This story is written in Traditional British English, our punctuation style can be slightly different :)

As in:

"Hello," he said. "How are you?" = US style of punctuation

"Hello", he said. "How are you?" = UK style of punctuation (to be more accurate, it's called logical punctuation).

The punctuation may come after the quotation marks. And there might be small differences in spelling too. (A lot of people are bringing this up as grammatical mistakes - It is not. )

They do mean well but is a little frustrating to marked down on non-existent grammatical mistakes.

Thank you :)