Plan

To @thapaswi2014  - Thanks for reading!

I clenched my fists in anger and tore my gaze away.

"Him?!" I seethed. I expected to see him again but not this soon and not to be his Psychologist. I hadn't even prepared myself mentally for this.

Nurse Carter laughed sheepishly. "I'm really sorry, I am but we have little choice. He has requested for you and due to the nature of the patients we tend to, we have little say in the matter".

'Nature of patients' obviously meant rich entitled people with a lot of influence. It also meant I had little choice and neither did most of the other hospital staff which slightly comforted me.

"Am I supposed to start today? I know nothing about him", I asked in a controlled tone.

"Well, you don't need to do anything face to face right now, you can use this session for observations".

"Where is his case file?"

"I'll give that to you in a second, follow me".

I followed behind her to a desk where a thin brown cardboard folder lay. I picked it up incredulously - why was it so thin?

As soon as I flicked through it, my question was answered. There was barely anything in there. I scanned through the scarce information that was given to me.

___

Holston's Institution for the Unwell

Psychiatric file

Name: Malik

Patient number: 0003

DOB: -

Room: B

Supervisor: Dr Patel

Psychiatrist: Dr Carlson

Admission date: -

Admission: -

Mental condition:

N/A

Treatment:

N/A

Psychologist notes:

___

"What is this?!" I spluttered in indignation. "There's nothing in here, no surname, DOB, not even what his condition is!" I rounded on Nurse Carter who seemed to have foreseen my reaction and had already moved several steps back.

"I'm sorry, I don't hold the seniority here", she said with her hands raised. "This is all the information that you have access to at the moment. The rest is classified".

"You want me to treat someone when I don't even know what wrong with him?!"

"You will learn to know him. The longer you spend here, the more information you will learn and the more you will have access to".

"But-", my tirade was cut off by a beep on her pager so she grabbed her notes and with a quick farewell, rushed off.

I was fuming with anger and worst of all, he was sitting there, so casually, seemingly so unaware of what trouble he was giving me.