Prologue

JOSIE

          For years, Josie only ever wanted one thing.

          Tim.

          He was everything to her. He was the warm and charming tavern that was nestled in the middle of a busy city, he was the soothing sound of waves that gently lapped the beach, he was the perfect iced coffee - a treat, but also the antidote to an early morning.

          He was hers.

          And now, he wasn't.

TIM

          He couldn't trace where they had gone wrong.

          Was it that fight they had when she got too drunk at the frat party and started talking to, flirting with, Doug Reynolds? Was it the way he had left her mother's house after she accused him of cheating on her with his coworker, storming out the door as she cried behind him? Or was it when they had driven to Wreck Beach that dreary Sunday and behind the smiles and laughs, they knew something was missing.

          There were things both of them had done so wrong, but there were many things that both of them had done so right.

          So, where had he lost her?

AUTHOR's NOTE

If you've stumbled upon this story, I hope you give Breaking Up Backwards a try and who knows, maybe even stick around for a bit! Please vote and comment if you enjoyed or let me know if you have any thoughts, I welcome any sort of feedback!

- C