ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 17

Published 7/6/20

𝒮𝒽𝑜𝓇𝓉 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇!

Annalise/Ann's POV

"Oh, I do hope she will wake!" I heard someone say.

I slowly opened my eyes, which is blinded by the sun seeping through the window. I notice I am lying on my stomach. Suddenly the memories came rushing back; Being framed by Ayla, the lashings, then I blacked out.

I dart my eyes around the room and I come to see Agnola, Agnesia, and Matteo talking. Matteo glances at me, "She's awake!" They all look at me with wide eyes. They rush over to me.

"Oh, thank goodness you woke!" Agnola exclaims.

Matteo and Agnesia nodded in agreement. Agnesia gently grabs my hand and cradles it between her hands. "How are you feeling?"

I feel my back twinge in pain as I try to move. I hissed in pain,"My back still hurts."

"It's been a few hours since I have applied the healing cream." Agnola walks over to a table and brings over a small container full of cream. She sits beside me on a stool and applies the cream on my back. I softly moan at the relief the cool cream provides.

"How long have I been out?"

"2 days," Matteo responds.

"Is Princess Ayla and Marco still here?"

Matteo nods,"unfortunately "

I roll my eyes of annoyance and huff. Agnesia opened her mouth to say something but Agnola interrupted. "We must let her rest and heal now that she is awake." She waves her hand in a forward motion. Agnesia and Matteo reluctantly walk out. Before Agnola walks out she says, "Someone will check on you every few hours. Get some rest, my luce(light)." She softly smiles and closes the door behind her.

I slowly drift to sleep, dreaming of my life before this.

I awoke to the sound of the doorknob jiggling. My room was dark, no light filled my room. Suddenly the door was pushed open, making a soft thud against the wall. A dark figure stood in the shadows. The only light given was behind the person from the dimly lit hall. For a second I thought it was either Agnesia, Agnola, or even Matteo. But the presence of the person was dark. I pray that it wasn't Marco.

My heart starts to beat faster as the figure starts walking closer to me, I feel their presence looming over me. Suddenly I feel a calloused yet gentle hand caress my cheek. I try not to flinch at the touch, giving this person any indication that I was not asleep.

After a few seconds of this person stroking my cheek they left my room, gently closing the door behind them.

Who was that?

𝔈𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 17

𝒯𝓇𝒶𝓃𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈(𝑜𝓇𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓅𝓅𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒):

"...leggera" - light

𝒩𝑜𝓉𝑒: Who do you think that was? Would love to hear your ideas! How was chapter 17? Hopefully you enjoyed it! I know it's short, I'll try to make longer ones in the future! Anyway, your votes/comments would be greatly appreciated! See you next time! :)