Chapter Seven

~ Cover designed by me 😊 ~

When Chase had dropped me off home, my mum freaked out about my ankle. She sat me down on the lounge, a pillow under my foot and her watching me closely 24/7. It was a beautiful sunny Saturday morning, and surprisingly. I was sitting on the lounge, the pillow under my foot and flicking through channels. I was beyond bored.

"I wish I had a sore ankle," huffs Becky passing through the lounge room with a box.

"I'll gladly swap places," I yell after her, groaning at the stupid TV with only three channels.

"There'll be no swapping places children," mum says coming into the room with another box. Since it was a weekend, it was family time, meaning we were fixing up the house. "What do you think Aurora honey, red?" she asks holding up red paint. "Or the white?" she says lifting the white paint up.

"What for?" I ask her, sighing as I turn the TV off.

"For the lounge room silly," she says, I roll my eyes but quickly glance around the room.

"Cream," I say nodding my head, removing my hand from my face, I had been doing the thinking pose.

"Cream?" mum echoes my words, I nod my head.

"Actually, cream would make this room feel more open and soft mum," Becky adds. Mum frowns slightly, thinking about it, then she smiles and nods her head.

"Aww my two little interior designers," she cries happily, hugging Becky and throwing her arms around me.

"Uh mum, you just spilled some paint on the floor," Becky says, pointing at the floor. All three pairs of eyes zone in on the little white dot in the grey mat. I look up to watch mums reaction, she just shrugs happily.

"A new mat is in order. Ok well I'm going to head over to the paint store, that's if they have one here..." mum trails off.

"I'm sure they do mum," I tell her. She smiles, nodding her head and calling out goodbye as she leaves. When the door shuts behind her, Becky grins and falls down on the lounge beside me.

"Phew, carrying boxes is hard work," she whines, wiping her forehead. I laugh, knowing that she had only carried three little boxes in.

"That time I checked sis. Little boxes are light, even if they have a few bits and pieces in them," I remind her. Becky turns to face me, poking her tongue out at me.

"Says the girl who hasn't moved off the lounge," she reminds me, raising her eyebrow at me.

"Hey! That's not fair, I had mum watching me 24/7," I say loudly, Becky laughs. "Actually, I'm getting hungry. Fetch me a snack my slave," I play role with her. Becky giggles as she shakes her head.

"Maybe you can get me something too, pleaseee," she says after she grabs the remote and turns the TV back on.

"What would you like?" I ask her, but I get no response. Gosh, kids and their attention span. I move to the bottom of the lounge, and place my right foot down and stand up a bit. Yep, right was still good and strong. Now to test my left, I flinch as my foot connects with the ground, I feel nothing. I open my eyes, and wiggle my foot around, no pain what so ever.
"Yes, yes, yes!" I cry doing my little silly happy dance. I continue to dance all the way to the kitchen, then I start my mission. Adjective; find food. Kill anything in your way. Ok maybe I was going a little crazy from being hungry.
"Food, food where are you?" I ask out loud, opening the cabinets, and boxes that were laying around.
"Bingo!" I cry as I see a fresh and not mouldy loaf of bread. In another box, I find Vegemite. I continue my search, trying to find peanut butter for Becky, but I couldn't find it.
"Guess she'll have to settle with good, old Vegemite," I say shrugging as I place my goodies on the counter. I make my way over to the fridge, peering inside, hoping to find butter.