Chapter 17

Chapter 17

The other two performances went as planned. Ms Chamberlain did something completely out of what I was expecting and thanked me on stage for being her assistant in arranging the whole thing. I could see my mother’s face swelled with pride from up there where I stood.

When I was free to go again, I change out of the costumes and allowed Heidi to take me to her family. Tyler was definitely not a teenager now, and his wife and son were beautiful. The little boy looked just like him and had nothing for his mother. I admired how close he was to Heidi. He seemed attached to her somehow, and it was adorable. They reminded me of how Carly and I were before she became an annoying brat.

Heidi’s mother, Karen, was just as friendly as I remembered. She pulled me into a hug and expressed her satisfaction with the outcome of the showcase. She told me wonderful things about my duet with Jaxon and complimented my acting skills, especially at the part where I cried.

Little did she know it was all real.

The week after the showcase was uneventful. Most of the time after chemistry Heidi would’ve already left. She always had somewhere to be, but she spent lunch with me twice on the roof so I couldn’t complain much about that.  

This week nothing much happened. When we spent time, we would talk and she would stare at me until I called her out on it. It was cute.

Aria decided that she, Heidi and I should hang out that Saturday. To be honest, I was looking forward to it but as Saturday came Aria ditched us, saying she had to go down to Santa Monica with her mom.

That meant Heidi and me all alone at my house.

Honestly, I didn’t know what to do with her there. For the first few minutes, we just sat awkwardly in the living room until I flipped the TV on. We watched a few episodes of family guy, then a movie of Heidi’s choice. She picked the incredible 2 which I could not complain about.

I loved every moment. In specific, I loved Jack-Jack. “I’m going upstairs,” I told her when the movie finished. “Are you coming?”

She nodded, and I led her upstairs to my room. Man, I was glad I took the time to clean it yesterday. And by cleaning, I mean shove things into random places so my mother won’t see them and make a fuss.

She walked over to my desk as I laid in my bed and ran her hand over the cover of the book Aria gave me. That same book she wrote. She stared at it for a while as if just by touching it she could remember all that was inside.

I watched her from where I laid, as her hand fell to her side again and she came towards me. She wore a black tanked top and camo booty shorts that showed off her long legs. I spotted two butterflies on her upper thigh, just below the hem of her shorts. One was purple and the other was my favourite shade of blue.

My eyes swept over her until they locked with her own. She smirked at me, letting me know she caught me staring. I turned back to my phone, blushing.

“You’re too obvious.” She told.

I felt her presence beside me and turned to find myself face to face with her. She was close, like a few inches away, and her fragrance was intoxicating me. It reminded me of last Saturday at the lounge when we danced together. It reminded me of how she looked at me like I was the only thing for her to look at. That’s how she was looking at me now, and I didn’t have the strength to look away.