☽ Chapter I ☾

As Thea already knew, Hermione, Ron, and the rest of the Weasley didn't react well to the news of her wanting to leave

"Where?" They asked when Thea had decided not to tell her destination. The truth is that even she didn't know where she wanted to go... she just wanted to escape. The desire to be free was greater than anything in the world.

"You can't go!"

"Can't I?" Questioned the Potter heiress with frustration and a little anger in her voice. "Yes, I can, I can do whatever I want. I've given up too much. You don't understand, do you? I have to find out who I am, I have to live for me for the first time. Since I was born my destiny has been decided by others; since the Prophecy, I don't know who I am. I was an orphan, a student, a pawn, a fighter, a savior from the magical world... but what does that make me? I had to fight a war that I didn't choose, I had to fight and solve problems that others should have solved a long time ago. I just want to live in peace, and be happy."

"You can't, Amalthea." Exclaimed Mrs. Weasley, her face even redder than her hair. Whether out of anger or trying to contain her crying, the young woman didn't know. "Fred wouldn't want that."

"Fred would want me to choose what I think is best for me and would support my decision." Thea said, and even though she didn't invoke the spirit of the dead Weasley twin, she knew that what she said was nothing more than the truth. "My choice is made... Please accept it. I'm choosing for myself for the first time."

The family matriarch burst into tears. Arthur Weasley didn't say a word, his face showed more and more traces of age when he pursed his lips, and wrapped his arm around his wife in a gesture of comfort.

Amalthea could say that none of them understood her decision, but they accepted it even though reluctantly.

Days later the joy and celebration still spread its roots in every part of the magical world. Of course, Voldemort devoted himself mainly to England in his reign of evil, but that didn't mean that the rest of the world was unaware of all the terror they had gone through, and that their hearts were not with people in suffering and fear for their lives.

A few days later Amalthea made an appointment with the goblins of the Bank of Gringotts. With all due respect to the magical creatures she studied once, and knowing that they might still be slightly resentful of the damage done to the bank when she escaped on the back of a dragon, she informed that she would travel and that she didn't know when or if she would return, and she would like to take her money and goods with her.

To solve this problem, the goblins gave her a golden key and a small box, which would never open to anyone else, and that the moment the heiress Potter puts the key in the lock, she would be able to access her bank accounts and withdraw whatever she needed, wherever she was.

Amalthea also made a point of donating a generous amount of money to Hogwarts to help rebuild the castle, and also gave a fat amount of gold to the Weasley family (who wouldn't accept it, but Thea wouldn't take no for an answer). And of course, an account had also been opened in the name of little Teddy, her godson.