☽ Chapter VII ☾

In the small comfortable room, Amalthea took a hot bath where she rubbed herself so hard until her skin was pink and later filled her belly with the food that one of the castle servants brought her. While resting in the unknown bed and trying to fall asleep, she tried to invoke the spirits so familiar for her. It took a while, much longer than normal, but finally, they appeared in different places in the room and Amalthea was immensely relieved. She didn't know if it would work in a different world. She remained the Mistress of Death, but she was not entirely sure that certain skills acquired by the title could be used in Westeros. Their presence had shown her that it was possible, and Thea was glad about it.

After telling them, word by word, what was discussed that night, they praised her for her quick reasoning in inventing a backstory and were happy that she was, for the time being, in a safe place sheltered from the cold and the terrors of an unknown world. After they disappeared, Thea closed her eyes and dreamed of rituals, swords, wolves, and a dark winged being who held out a bony hand for her.

The next morning, Amalthea and Kadeem were the new topic of concern among the servants, guards, and the low-born, as the young woman knew it would happen. One of the girls who served dinner to the Stark family the night before curiously heard their words about a Lady Peverell commented with a friend from the kitchens who commented with another, and so the message went from mouth to mouth, even faster than a forest fire.

"I heard she is beautiful." Some commented.

"I heard she arrived on a beautiful horse, with a cavalry of two hundred men to protect her." Others said.

"Oh is that so... and where are they now?"

"Lord Stark should not trust this stranger, she must be an imposter with the intention of getting her hands on the riches of the good Lord Harlan, Gods have him."

"Riches? Don't be stupid, woman. What riches does she have to claim? Moat Cailin is nothing but ruins, she will be rich in stones."

Whatever the people had to say, the truth is that Amalthea was a topic in every corner of Winterfell and that showed up with the wolf pack of that old castle itself.

"Are you sure this girl is who she claims to be, Ned?" Catelyn Stark, the matriarch, asked the night before while helping the youngest son eating.

Since each member of the family had taken their place around the long dark wooden table and Ned Stark told everything that had happened, the topic of conversation was no different. The man told them how he had been informed by a guard that two people wished to speak with him and one of them referred to herself as Lady Peverell, told them how he had first discredited her words after so many attempts at deception along of the years, but that now, after having seen and felt the ancestral sword of the Peverell family and heard her story, found himself believing.

The confusion had been immense after his speech. Each had a question of their own to ask about their new guests, and Arya and Bran couldn't help but proudly comment on how they were the first ones to meet her, in a kind of childish intention to try to make their brothers jealous.

"She had a sword! Does she know how to use it? If she really is Lady Peverell and uses a sword, why can't I learn it too?" Arya questioned, wild as always, only to receive a stern look from her mother and a sigh of disdain from her sister, Sansa.

"You will meet her tomorrow and it is certain that any questions you have will be answered by her." Ned said to his children. "You will, however, be kind and respectful to Lady Peverell and her guardian."

The conversation ended there, but curiosity had set place in everyone's heart, and whoever had not met Amalthea yet, was hoping that the next morning would come quickly to see this happen.