4. mind reader guys

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐌 𝐅𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐎𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐍𝐄𝐑'𝐒 offer dragged on for Francesca

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐌 𝐅𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐎𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐍𝐄𝐑'𝐒 offer dragged on for Francesca. As she intently highlighted information in her paper work for hours on end, all she could think about was being at the B.A.U. Like she mentioned to the team the other night, she never saw herself as an agent. However, imagining herself alongside of them for a few days excited her mind.

It was a rainy Wednesday afternoon when Francesca was about to head home. She dropped off some files she had annotated to her boss before packing up her things, but once she returned to her office, her cell phone began to vibrate on the desk. After picking it up, she saw JJ's contact on the screen. Her expression morphed into an anticipated grin as she pressed the answer button as fast as she could.

"Hey, J," Francesca greeted, trying not to sound desperately ecstatic. "What's up?"

"Hey, Griff!" JJ replied. "I know Hotch said he'd give me a schedule to send you, but he's sort of changed his offer."

Francesca's heart sunk. That's not what she had expected to hear, and she automatically assumed the worst. "Oh."

"Instead of coming for a day, how about tagging along for a full case?"

The girl could've gone into cardiac arrest considering how fast her heart started pumping again. Now that was certainly not what she expected to hear. "JJ, what? Are you serious?"

"Yeah!" the agent reassured. "We're not really stuck in the office for too many days at a time. We're generally on the go, so Hotch thought it would be a better idea for you to just shadow us for an entire case."

"Oh my God," Francesca gasped. "That would be so cool!"

"I'm not sure what your work situation is like and if you can take off or not, but I'm briefing the team tomorrow morning at 10:00 on the new case. On average, we're on the scene for about three days," JJ explained.

Francesca wasn't even phased by the fact that she'd have to ask for some days off. She just finished the project she had been working on, and if she presented this as a career opportunity, which it was, she could get her boss's permission. "I'll be there. No question."

"Great!" JJ was happy. "Bring a bag with clothes and anything else you may need."

"Got it."

"Alright, I've got to get back to work, but I'll see you tomorrow! Text me if you have any questions," JJ offered.

"Of course," Francesca was beaming. "See you then."

.・。.・

          "You're going there for a whole ass case?" Jasmine muted the television when Francesca broke the news later that night. "What happened to a day or two?"

          Francesca snuggled into the blanket covering herself and the arm chair she sat in. Jasmine and Ingrid took up the entirety of their living room couch, both of them snacking on bowls of popcorn. They often had movie nights at their apartment, considering Francesca lived so close.

          "JJ called me today and said her boss suggested it," Francesca explained. "I'm a little worried, though."

          "Why would you be worried?" Ingrid dismissed the girl's fear. "This is a huge opportunity. You'll get to see first hand the kinds of people you'll be prosecuting one day!"

          "Yeah, but these are FBI cases," Francesca started to feel unsettled. "These are terrifying criminals. I don't know if I can handle that."

          "There's only one way to find out," Jasmine noted. "Look. It's not like you're gonna be one of those mind reader guys like the rest of JJ's squad. You're just going to observe the other side of what you're looking to do."

          Francesca knew her worries were irrational. She was so excited, but the longer she pondered about the experience, the more anxiety she built up. "What if I'm not as good as them?"

          "Griff, there's no shot you'll be as good as them," Jasmine laughed, Ingrid soon kicking her for it. "What I mean is that they're not expecting you to walk in as this revolutionary, soon-to-be lawyer that's going to swoop in and solve all of their problems. You're basically an intern. All they're expecting from you is to sit still and look pretty, which you do quite well."

          "Yeah, she's right," Ingrid piggy-backed off Jasmine's oddly worded form of encouragement. "You're putting too much pressure on yourself. Just go, learn some stuff, and come back with a better idea of what you'll be dealing with as a future lawyer."

          "Make sure to have fun, even though you'll probably be seeing some dead bodies," Jasmine flung the remote around in Francesca's direction before putting the volume back on.

          Francesca sunk in her seat, rolling her eyes. "Sure, Jas. I'll try."

.・。.・

𝐌𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐒!
this was sort of a filler chapter
before griff goes to the bau!