5. wheels up

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑 𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐔𝐏 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑 𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐔𝐏 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁.𝐀.𝐔. 𝐖𝐀𝐒 excruciatingly hot. Maybe because it was stuffy, but the rate at which Francesca was sweating probably contributed. She tightened the ponytail she had in her hair, trying to put her fidgeting to good use. Besides, she had fixed her shirt and fiddled with her duffel bag strap an unhealthy amount of times already. There was nothing left for her to do before the metal doors slid open.

After what seemed like hours, Francesca straightened up when the elevator came to a stop. Slowly but surely, the doors opened, revealing the bustling lobby of the Behavioral Analysis Unit. She was already starstruck, but before she could take any steps, a familiar face appeared across from her.

The young genius was on his way to the bullpen himself when he slowed to a stop in front of one of the elevators. Inside was his team's highly anticipated guest, and being the awkward man he was, he just froze in front of her. "Checka," Spencer greeted, clutching his crossbody.

"Hey, doc," Francesca spit out, figuring it was time to step out of the elevator before it closed back on her. "Awfully hypocritical of you to call me that."

"It's not hypocritical," Spencer defended himself. "I recall saying that it was a cute name, since it was given by a child rather than a fully grown adult who's well aware of its alternate meaning."

"It's only 9:45, bro. Do you ever dial it down?" Francesca teased, joining the boy by his side.

"I guess not," he wondered aloud. "It's almost time for the briefing. I can show you to the round room, if you'd like."

"I was hoping you wouldn't just leave me here."

Spencer walked slightly ahead of Francesca as they entered the bullpen. She observed the various desks, files, and busy workers that surrounded her. Although it looked like just a large-scale version of her office, she was still intimated. Spencer led the girl up a small flight of stairs to an elevated surface, which held two offices in its walls. Francesca took note of the obvious authority figures based on the labeled office doors – AARON HOTCHNER and DAVID ROSSI.

At the end of their path was an open door to what looked like a room holding a big, circular table, hence round room. When Spencer walked in, Francesca noticed every other agent from Henry's party siting at that table. In front of them was JJ, who seemed to be preparing to project something on the TV screen she stood before. After Spencer's entrance, Francesca stood in the doorway in hopes someone would acknowledge her presence.

Naturally, JJ turned around just in time, smiling wide at the sight of her best friend. "Everybody, Griff is here!" she announced, everyone at the table immediately landing their eyes on the timid brunette.

Aaron got up from his seat and approached her, sticking a hand out. "Nice to see you again, Francesca."

The girl shook his hand firmly, being sure to make eye contact. "You as well, sir."