Chapter 12: A deal is a deal

Chapter twelve: A deal is a deal (Zach's POV)

It was Monday morning and luckily, everything between Ellie and me had gone back to normal. Normal in the sense we were back to bickering. I couldn't put my finger on it but something just always feels off when I get vulnerable or open up to people, and that never applied to any of my best friends, but since I got to the boarding school, it's applied to everyone. 

My parents are leaving this Thursday, which leaves me with four days to get a teacher's number. 

This is so hard, why did I do this to myself? 

Well, I suppose I could ask for help, couldn't I? 

"Mr. Prichard!" I called out. Everyone was shuffling from class to class so I wanted to be quick. 

"Yes?" he asked when I made it to him. 

"May I have a word with you, please?" I questioned.

"Of course," he nodded. 

"You're a students teacher, everyone likes you," I shrugged. 

"I would like to think so," he said suspiciously. 

"Well, you're not my teacher but I need your help." 

"The last time I taught you was freshman year, Zach," he sighed. 

"Oh, could I transfer to your class?" I asked. This is off-topic. 

"Sure, just get a form from the office," he replied. 

"Thank you, but that's not the help I need. I've made a bet." 

"And you've gotten yourself slapped by Mrs. George so I'm guessing I know the bet." He gave me a pointed look. 

"You know me so well," I smiled, "I need to get a teacher's number. They must give it to me willingly," I explained. 

He shook his head before chuckling, "Try Ms. Shield. She's our youngest, and single. Art room three," he said before walking away to teach his first period. 

Love you, Mr. Prichard! 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It was lunchtime and I was heading straight to Artroom three. First of all, I didn't want an audience this time, it's best I do this privately, second of all, even if I do get rejected per se, nobody's gonna know I even asked her. I wanted to make sure her class was empty so once all the students filed out, I went inside. 

Wish me luck.

I've decided to be generous enough to spare you of the details. She's only twenty-five, I'll tell you I learned that. 

But I did it. 

I walked to lunch feeling extremely cocky and arrogant. I didn't think that was a bet I would win, but I did. 

I met Brett on the way to the cafeteria and he noticed almost instantly that something was up. "What did you do?" he interviewed suspiciously. 

I cleared my throat, "I won the fucking bet," I said smugly. 

"No, you didn't!" he gasped while laughing. 

"Sure did," I smirked. 

"What teacher would give it to you?" he laughed. 

"That's for Ellie to know. I don't want to say the teacher's name and get her in trouble or some stupid shit like that, so once Ellie sees it, I'll rip it to shreds and throw it in the trash," I shrugged.