Chapter One ~ Just The Beginning

It was a warm, peaceful autumn day. Birds were chirping, and children were playing. The compound was lively, bustling with joy and laughter as per usual.

Yet behind the closed doors of the Alpha's personal workshop, there was a sudden chill in the air that disrupted the calm in that particular room. Lycurgus and his father Zeev were talking about the recent rogue attacks that have been occurring.

The pictures they were looking over were sending chills down even these strong warrior's spines. The gruesome and horrifying aftermath they've personally witnessed were still with them and still leaving them feeling uneasy.

"We just got word that it was a lone wolf outside of Soteria's forest that was attacked." Blaidd told them as he rushed to the drawing table where they were currently looking over maps and pictures.

They were doing everything they could to find clues about these rogue attacks. trying desperately to find out what they wanted and where they were going to strike next.

Blaidd was Lycurgus's right-hand man and one of his two Zetas or generals as they were sometimes referred to as.

"Two rogues were killed while one got away. We looked into the family that was attacked but couldn't find anything that would make any sense of this. It was on a seemingly random family, " he continued with a worried tone.

Blaidd was a small guy compared to the other men in the pack, but he was a fierce and mighty warrior. Standing at 6'6'' with short, shaggy, sandy blonde hair that just barely covered his crystal blue eyes. No single female stood a chance against his boyish charm and bright smile.

Up until recently, he was the jokester of the group, but things have gotten so bad with the rogues lately that not even he laughs or jokes much anymore.

"Maybe they got in the rogue's way somehow?" Zeev wondered.

Zeev was the Alpha king. Alpha of all deemed Werewolf. Which included the alphas of the other territories and types of werewolves. His job was to make sure all of them kept with their peace treaty.

He was currently training his son, Lycurgus, to take his place so that he could ascend to his position as lead gamma.
He couldn't wait to be sitting with the other elders reminiscing, but these rogue attacks have changed things greatly.

Zeev and his son Lycurgus belonged to one of the oldest pure blood Lycan families. Though you'd never hear them boast about it.

If you were to ask any of the thousands of people who lived on and around their compound, they'd tell you that both Zeev and Lycurgus earned the right to wear their titles and to be called their Alphas.

It wasn't until last year that the rogues began attacking again. The devastation from the war almost 20 years ago was still fresh in Zeev's mind.

The Rogue War started one morning when everyone had woken up to find that most of the Purebloods from different fractions all over the world were targeted and slaughtered.

The quick and silent attacks left the entire supernatural world shaken up. A war ensued after that against rogues of all kinds, vampyrs, werewolves, and witches.

It was what led to the supernatural peace treaty. All of the fractions teamed up together, fighting for each other. After a war that had lasted for over five years, the rogues had seemingly vanished without a trace.

Until a year ago when they began burning towns to the ground and leaving unimaginable damage everywhere they've been. So many of the people who've suffered by their hands now resided within the compound.

What started with a few people building homes around their family castle has turned into a thriving kingdom. Their compound has tripled in size in the last year. People have come from all over to build their homes in the safety of their compound.