Chapter Two ~ Sidetracked

While Baddy was busy . . . well, getting busy.
Luke found himself in the middle of what looked like an inventors work shop.

From the outside, it had looked like just a plain rundown old barn but he couldn't of imagined what was behind that unlocked door.

While stepping inside the barn, he found his breath was taken away as he took in the atmosphere.
Completely captivated by what he was seeing around him.

It was like a whole other workd to him. Completely different than what the outside had made it out to be. It had been completely remodeled and updated with the lastest tech.

With what looks like an office in the back, work bench's off to the left and even a lab that appeared to be behind reinforced glass to the right.

Through the metal railings of the indoor teerice upstairs, he could see that there were two rooms and a living room space.

Gadgets and gizmos everywhere.
Some were even flying and moving around him as he walked.
Luke was in awe of the amazing equipment and technology he was seeing all around him. So much so that he was too busy looking at everything that he didn't notice when Rick came up right behind him.

"Can I help you with something young man?" Rick asked him sternly but kindly, causing Luke to jump a little.

"Oh, I'm sorry sir." Luke apologized as he turned around to face Alarick.

He was a tall man with short gray hair and kind green eyes.

"I'm Lycurgus Rezso, my Father Zeev, asked my men and I to come here and make sure everything was alright." He stated while showing the pack tattoo on his chest.

"Give back up in case any rogues return." Luke watched as the old mans face changed from concerned to overjoyed.

"Luke! It's so good to see you again young Alpha! You have defpinitely gotten bigger since the last time I seen you." Rick laughs as he holds both of Luke's shoulders to take a good look at him.

Letting him go he asks "How is your mother and father? I haven't seen them in years."

Rick began to move towards a wall beside them. The wall was filled with what looked like hundreds of pictures.
He took a moment to look through them before finally stopping at one and grabbing it.

When he brings it back to show Luke, Luke notices it's a picture of him as a young boy, no older than six or seven. He was standing in front of his mother and father posing with Rick and what he assumes to be Ricks family.

"This was actually the last time I saw you and your mother. It was Reika's first birthday." Alarick explained trying to remember the specifics.

"Oh wow, I knew you knew my father, but I didn't realize we had met before. I don't remember this." Luke tried so hard to find familiarity in the faces of the strangers in the picture.

"Oh yes, your father and I were very good friends back in the day. I even remember the day you were born. It was the first time I had ever seen your father cry. Your mother and father were filled with so much love for you that day, the entire pack could feel it. Many things made me feel honored to be your fathers Zeta but that day was by far, one of my favorites."

"My father had another Zeta?"

"Actually, he had three at one time." Rick answered.

"Really? He never talks about it. I just found out about you a couple days ago. May I ask, who was the third?" Luke's face had become more childlike in his wonder and Rick couldn't help but reminisce of long ago.