Chapter 1

Allison's POV

💬

"Allie, wake up baby!" I heard my mom shouted.

"I'm up!" I replied.

I rubbed my eyes and saw what time it was. I huffed, today was my first sophomore year in my new school. My mom got a new job in this town and I had to move here with her.

I got up and washed my body before I dressed up for school. I met my mom in the kitchen, she made my favorite breakfast. Pancakes, as always.

"Good morning, baby." My mom kissed my head.

"Morning, Mom." I greeted her back, smiling.

"Did you sleep well?" My mom asked me.

"I did. How was your night?" I asked back.

She rolled her eyes playfully. "Used to it."

I chuckled, I knew why she said that. It was another reason why we moved here. She and her boyfriend broke up, they ended things pretty bad. When she got this choice, she didn't hesitate to take it.

I knew what my mom had been through and I was so proud of her, and I was proud of being her daughter. She was an amazing person, she was lovely and she was beautiful.

People tended to say she was my sister. Meh, she was my mother. Yeah, she had me when she was around eighteen. Pretty young, huh? But that made us easier to talk about everything, we shared stories, we joked to each other and we mocked other people together. We were like best friends than a mother and a daughter.

Well, since I was her only child and I lived my sixteen years of life with her and her only, our bond was everything and no one could mend that.

She got a chance to be a manager in this bar. Her former boss asked her to fill the place since their former manager was moving to another state. I knew my mom didn't get a chance to continue her college life, so when she got a job like this was enough for the both of us.

"What are you thinking, Allie?" My mom asked.

I startled. "Nothing." I shook my head. "Just how proud I am to be your daughter."

My mom smiled, she caressed my cheek. "I'm proud of you too, baby. Come on, eat it up. I'll drive you to school."

*

I got my schedule and a key for my locker. I opened my locker and shoved some books and prepared for my first class. Oh my god, I had Algebra for my first class.

I groaned, I hated Algebra. To be honest, I hated every type of Math. I always hated it. I sighed, I closed my locker and started to walk but I bumped into someone.

"Watch where you're going, bitch!" Someone said harshly.

I looked up and saw a blonde with the same height as me, looking so stern at me. I was about to speak to apologize to her but she cut me off.

"Use your fucking––"

"Leave her alone, Maddy." Someone cut us off.

The first blonde stormed out from our sight. I averted my gaze to this taller blonde. She smiled at me and I smiled back at her awkwardly.

"I'm sorry. She is such a trouble." The blonde said.

"Uh, yeah. It's okay. It was me actually. I bumped into her." I said.

"I saw what happened. It wasn't your intention to bump into her." The blonde said. "Oh, sorry. I'm Rebecca, but you can call me Becca."

"I'm Allie." I extended my hand and she shook it gently.