Chapter 23

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

It wasn't really Melody's birthday anymore but Riley didn't care. It was the middle of March and the snow was still falling. Riley had just pulled into a parking lot for an ice skating rink. Melody was so excited she was literally bouncing in her seat.

"I'm glad you like your surprise!"

He kissed her before getting out of the truck and opening her door for her.

It had been over two months since their month apart and everything was going great between them. Zoe had seemed to finally forgiven Riley. They still weren't able to do certain things because of Landon. But with him dating Scarlett it allowed for a little more space to hang out together without him noticing. It seemed to be their norm...until special days like Valentines Day and now Melody's birthday that it was the hardest. Melody had spent her birthday weekend at home and inviting Riley to stay for the weekend would have seemed odd. So that's why it was Wednesday, four days late, Riley finally got to take Melody out for her birthday.

"I haven't been skating since I was a little girl!"

"Well I don't have much more experience than you so if one of us falls the other will follow."

They spent two hours skating around the rink. Holding hands and trying to spin around. They laughed and applauded when the little kids showed off and were way better than them. Melody had started to fall once and Riley had grabbed her arm to catch her, failing, and ending up flat on the ice with her. Afterwards they got some hot apple cider and tried to warm up their frozen fingers.

At dinner Riley placed a present on the table.

"You didn't have to get me anything. The skating and dinner was amazing enough!"

"Just open it My Sweets!"

She smiled. She never got tired of him calling her that. She gently opened the wrapping. It was a framed sketch of the ocean, with a lighthouse off to the side. She stared at it in awe. It was beautiful and she couldn't take her eyes off of it. Then she noticed the signature in the corner. She looked up at Riley who was smiling and had been watching her face the whole time.

"You did this?"

"I know it's not professional quality, I usually stick to straight lines when I do my sketches but I know how much you love the water so I..."

"It's beautiful! I love it! Thank you!"

She leaned over and kissed him. She spent the entire drive home staring at his drawing. When they got back to campus neither one wanted the night to end. Zoe wasn't in their room so Melody and Riley cuddled up on her bed and turned on the TV. Melody's phone went off.

Won't be back tonight. Have fun ;) -Z

Melody laughed and sent a simple reply.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing. Zoe said she won't be back tonight and to quote "have fun" winky face."

"You didn't tell her?"

"I told her we were waiting. I didn't tell her your story, I wouldn't do that."

He hugged her tighter. A silent thank you. Then it was Riley's phone's turn to go off. He read it and smirked.

"What?"

"I hope you don't mind me staying with you tonight because your brother just kicked me out of my place."

"What? Why?"

"My guess is Scarlett is staying over."

"Oh...does he do that often? Kick you out I mean?"

"Nah. Honestly it's been a while since he has brought anyone back to the room. I think he's fallen for Scarlett."

"Oh I know he has. I've never seen my brother act the way he does with her."

"Enough about your brother."

Riley leaned down and kissed Melody. He licked her lips and she instantly opened to him. He could taste her and it only made him want more. He rolled over so she was laying on the bed and he was on his side, hovering over her. He deepened his kiss. She nipped at his lip and he let of a moan that was almost a growl. Her fingers were running through his hair and he loved it. His hands were roaming her body. He massaged her breast making her moan. He smiled as he kissed across her cheek, to her ear, and down her neck. He could hear and feel her heart beating fast and her breathing also getting faster. He loved knowing he made her feel this way. He realized how tight his jeans were getting. As he kept kissing her his hand started to travel farther down her body. He was glad she had changed out of her jeans as he slid his hand under her waist band. He felt her freeze under him. He looked at her but she didn't say anything. He kissed her and touched her for the first time. He moaned.

"You're so wet."

He saw the blush spread across her cheeks before he kissed her again. He rubbed her most sensitive spot before slowly slipping a finger in. She moaned into his kiss. He felt her move under him, he listened to her moans, when he knew she was getting close he looked at her face and watched as she fell apart at his touch. He removed his hand and kissed her deeply.

"Happy birthday My Sweets!"

She laughed. And finally looked up at him after calming down.

"That was...unexpected." she smiled.

"Yeah..."

He saw a blush cross her cheeks.

"What?" He asked, running his thumb across her blush.

"That was...my first."

Riley looked at her shocked.

"You told me you were a virgin but i just assumed you had messed around or something before...I..."

"Nope. I mean I've played with myself before but I've never felt anything like that before."

She started to blush again and he kissed her. She was rare, he thought. And she was his sweets. He laid back and she rested her head on his chest.

"I thought you didn't want to do anything...under the clothes?"

"Well technically we kept our clothes on. But honestly I have wanted to watch you fall apart like that since the first time I kissed you. You have been so patient and understanding about my no sex policy. I've been wanting to try and take the next step and this just felt right. As long as we follow some rules I think we can do a little more playing...as long I keep it in my pants."

They laughed and cuddled back together. They both quickly drifted off to sleep