23 | berry reds

"What are you doing?" I grit out when his hands continue the sweet torture

"What are you doing?" I grit out when his hands continue the sweet torture. He chuckles lightly at my flustered state and his eyes visibly darken when a breathy moan escapes my lips.

"Fuck, kitten," he groans when I bite my lips to stifle another moan and look at him. I almost jump from my seat when his knuckles trace my panties.

Breathing heavily, I stand up and walk to the ladies room, leaving behind a very amused Ace who chuckles silently.

I look at my flustered state in the mirror. My eyes are wide and I am breathing so heavily as if I just ran a marathon. I put on my lipstick before fixing up my hair and walk back, my heart beats wildly in my chest.

However, I freeze when I see another girl sitting on my spot. My heart stops in my chest when Ace whispers something in her ear, causing her to giggle. She leans towards Ace and touches his forearms before saying something back.

The girl is nothing like me. With the body of a model and face of an angel, I realize she could easily pass as the most beautiful girl on the planet. That's a bit too much but you get it.

And I realize Ace deserves someone like her and not a loser like me.

But it hurts. It hurts so much.

"Kasey," A voice behind me makes me jump. I turn around and face Dylan.

"She's Kasey. Ace's childhood best friend," Dylan explains. He must've sensed my sadness because he then puts his hand on my arm, looking at me with concern.

"Wanna get out of here?" he asks. I think about it for a moment before nodding. Dylan surprises me by taking my hand in his and I realize I feel nothing like I do with Ace.

We walk to the bar downstairs and settle on the bar stool.

"What would you like," Dylan asks me.

"Just lemonade," I answer and his eyes widen in surprise but he orders the bartender anyway. He orders a berry red drink for himself.

"So, how old are you?" I ask.

"Twenty, you?"

"Seventeen," I answer and sip on the lemonade. It's delicious and a little comforting.

"Aw, you're a child. Kid, I can say you like Ace a lot," he says and I try not to choke on the lemonade.

"I am not a child. And, he doesn't like me back," I say after few seconds, sighing.

"He has gone through so much, Venus. He's just scared," Dylan says before sipping on his drink. It looks delicious.

"But he doesn't get to do this to me. He can't leave me hanging like this," I snap.

"I agree," Dylan nods.

"Woah," he adds when I snatch the drink from his hand and gulp the whole thing. I instantly regret it. My throat burns at the sensation.