Prologue

(A/N Notes: I've been feeling like writing this type of story the past few days, so I decided to write it, and no this won't be like SAO, both the anime and game because they are both trash, don't message me, it's the truth

It'll be more like Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki, but with less Deus EX machine of Earth to be able to keep up with pro players with only 2 hours of play every day (working days at least), and generalist play style

and it'll have more of an mc that's full of himself because he knows he's good at gaming, has the experience, and he ~just wants to have fun~)

"Everyone, I want to introduce you all to our new teammate"

*Stops jazz music on his music player and his game session* "What? But we're just 2 months away from the next championship, and the team is already full, so are you sure you want to add a rookie to the team, manager?"

"Don't worry, Riku-san. This boy is a prodigy, so I'm sure we won't have any problem regarding the disparity of skill, and about not having space in the team, this is where you come in, Riku-san"

"Me?"

"Yes, I know you have been on the competitive scene for various games for almost a decade, but let's be honest, you on your 25s, always wearing that weird mask during the matches, and always saying your opinion, I think-"

"You want me to retire, isn't it?"

"... Yes, that's exactly what I want you to do"

"I see... Then I shall... Make a phone call"

Riku picked his cellphone and made a call to a certain phone number

"... ... ... It's me, Riku dayo! So do you guys still have a slot open for a new teammate?... You do?... Great! Can you put me in?... Oh, nothing much. It was just that the manager thinks I should retire, and change me for an 18-year-old teenager... Yeah, can you believe him? Getting so cocky with himself, anyway back on track, can you pick me up?... When are you free today?... Yea, that hour is good, see ya *ends the call*"

"..."

Everyone in the room was speechless at the talk he just had on the phone

"Okay! *Opens drawer* Here are my resignation papers, everything is properly filled, I'll be packing my stuff. It was a good time with you guys while it lasted"

Riku then respectfully bid his farewells to his, now former, teammates, and when he reached for his manager

"Manager, I just want to say that... I always hated that arrogant playboy face of yours, I hate you so much that I feel like punching you in the face"

He said that with a face that was saying 'sorry, but I had to say it'. And then he turned for the new guy

"And you rookie, I'm sorry that you'll have to fight against me in your first championship. Well! I'll be going now!"

"..."

And just like that, he left the meeting room, leaving the room empty...

"FUCK THAT GUY! WE WILL THE CHAMPIONSHIP EVEN WITHOUT HIM! YOU WILL THE NEW CAPTAIN OF THE TEAM!"

And the manager who was really angry at getting insulted by him exploded in rage

"YOU ALL WILL TRAIN THE NEWCOMER, STARTING NOW!!!"

And just like that, the newcomer became the captain of Riku's former team

2 months and days later

It was the finals of the Counter Six: Siege Offensive and the finalists were Riku's former team, the Force Strike, against his current team the Terror Siegers (A/N Notes: I don't know why, but laughing right now)