Logistics Of A Wine And Dine

I pulled Sil along behind me, grinning all the way. Together, we wound through the streets. Slipping around citizens who turned to look at us with wide, curious eyes, dipping into alleyways, into the lobby of my apartment building, and into the elevator.

Taking a cannibal on an elevator, not as bad as I would have thought. I squeezed his hand, smile curled onto my lips as I looked up at him.

He looked around, shoulders stiff as the elevator moved. He seemed to calm at the gesture though, turning to nuzzle my temple.

I laughed, flapping a hand at him as the elevator gave a light ding and the doors open.

"Come on." My smile curled into a grin.

He gave a loud purr, and together we walked the last few steps into my apartment.

I closed the door behind us, clicking the lock into place before going to stand next to Sil who had moved further in.

He was looking around the room, his head tilted up as he sniffed the air with deep huffs.

I reached a hand up to pull the hood down, his silver hair ruffled and sticking up at odd angles.

I could feel the rising purr in the air as he turned his attention back to me.

I squinted at the sunglasses before reaching up to remove them, red eyes blinking at the change of lighting. "Where did you get these?"

I took a moment to further observe his attire. Human, right down to the boots and the black gloves that somehow hadn't torn from his claws.

I furrowed my brown, my gaze lifting up to meet his. "Did you mug someone?" I gestured to the glasses and then his outfit, making a sorry excuse for a questioning cough.

He snickered and my heart gave a loud thump, my cheeks heating as his lips curved into a grinning smirk.

I tossed the glasses onto the side table next to the coat rack, moving to pull him into a hug.

His purr thrummed against my ribs as he nuzzled into my hair.

"I've missed you. So much." I dug my fingers into his new coat, burring my nose into his shoulder.

He gave a light puff of air. "Grah."

I pulled back to take his cheeks into my hands. "Sil."

He grinned in return, jagged teeth on full display. I kissed him anyway, receiving a purring trill for my efforts. The lightest of butterfly kisses, soft, simple.

I pressed my forehead to his, my chest a bubble with a liquid warmth that threatened to burst my ribs "How did you even get into the city?"

He gave the bridge of my nose a lick and I breathed out a laugh. Our eyes met; my chest warm as I recognized that look.

He took a slow blink. "Grah?"

I smiled back. "Yeah." I slunk from his grip, prancing away into the living room.

He grinned before dropping down to all fours and following me. I'd meant for us the head to my bedroom, but we didn't make it.

He crossed the distance in two bounds and slipped behind me to catch my waist.

I laughed as I turned around, Sil nuzzling into my stomach. His purr was loud enough to echo through the room as I let him pull me onto the floor.

He nuzzled his nose into every place he could reach, licking at my skin as he went.