Chapter 49 - Behind the scenes

Semi-edited

Remember don't be a silent reader! 

Hey I just want to say that people might mistake this as a mafia book. I just want to clearify that it is not, it's a romance about to actors. Being a celebrity is not all sunshine and rainbows in my book, that is why my characters are facing danger right now. It shows that being a public figure messed up things can happen. 

Anyways thank you for all the love, I hope you enjoy the chapter. 

A single tear slips out the corner of my eye as I look down at my sleeping boyfriend. A frown takes over his lips. Sleep is supposed to be peace full, but nothing about Chris's stiff posture screams peace.

I know I cause his pain... I cause everyone's pain. That's why I need to leave and fix this.

I don't know if I'm going to make it out alive, but I would rest better if Mark was safe.

I already lost Chase, my parents resent me because they blame me for the cause of his death, the one person I can't afford to lose is Mark.

I have no idea what this man wants from me, I'm terrified to find out, but I will soon.

A broken sigh leaves my lips as my eyes take in the love of my life. What breaks me inside is knowing he's going to wake up in the morning and I won't be there. We fell asleep last night crying in each other's embrace, my body woke up in a panic, I pride Chris's arm off me and wrapped it around a pillow. He whimpered in his sleep and cuddled the pillow to his chest, I almost went back into bed to be in his arms again, but I stopped myself and started packing my backpack.

What Chris didn't know is I booked a ticket back to LA when I was in the washroom getting ready for bed. It leaves in two hours from now. Once I get to LA, I will get Mark to safety and hopefully be safe as well.

I know how broken Chris will be when he wakes up and he finds me gone, but I have no other choice. Calling the cops will only cause Mark and Tyler's death. Whoever this person is, they really know what my weaknesses are.

I have no idea who this person is and what they could want from me, but I guess I'm going to find out soon.

I bend down and place one last delicate kiss on Chris's forehead, "I love you baby," I whisper faintly. I take a step back while shaking my head.

No more tears Lola, you got this; you need to do this.

Grabbing my black backpack from the floor, I place it on my shoulder and walk towards the hotel door.

"I'm so sorry Chrissy," I say through tears, I grasp the doorknob with trembling hands, I yank it open and close it softly behind me.

Here goes nothing.