19: you should see the other guy

Y/N's high had faded and she was laying down in bed now. An hour before, she had cleaned the hotel room because in having her own little concert, she had trashed it.

Now, it was close to midnight and she was watching TV from the bed. Y/N was fiddling with her necklace when the hotel door opened and Hawks walked in.

Y/N smiled as the door closed behind him. "Hawks? Where's Dabi?"

Hawks kicked off his shoes and Y/N noticed his wings were visibly drooped and his clothes were soaked. "I didn't want to drive back so Dabi said he would be here in a few hours with the car."

"You flew back?" Y/N slid out of bed and walked the hero slowly. "It's pouring outside."

"Yeah," he replied faintly, his eyes on his hands, which were bruised. Y/N reached out, taking one of his large hands in hers and placing her other hand on the side of his face.

Hawks' eyeliner was smudged and running down his face like he had been crying.

"Keigo, what's wrong?" She asked softly, running her thumb gently over his cheekbone. "Your hands--"

"You should see the other guy," he replied monotone, but his eyes were red and emotionless. 

Y/N wordlessly opened her arms to the hero, pulling him down to her height so that his face rested in the crook of her neck and burying one hand in his blonde locks, and using her other arm to pull him into an embrace.

"I got you some dinner, you want some?" Y/N asked gently, massaging his scalp and holding Hawks close to her. He nodded into her neck silently, letting his arms dangle loosely at his sides. "Oh, Keigo."

Y/N pulled away to sit him down on one of the armchairs in front of the TV.

"I'll be right back, okay?" She said softly and he nodded, looking defeated. Y/N rushed to the kitchenette and heated up the fried chicken in the microwave, then went to the bathroom. She grabbed makeup wipes and went back to Hawks, who was just watching her.

Y/N took out a wipe while seating herself in front of Hawks on the coffee table. Wordlessly, she cleaned his face as gently as she could.

"We don't have to talk about it, but I'll be here when you do." Y/N looked at the damage on Hawks' hands. "Do they hurt?"

"No...no."

The microwave beeped and Y/N went to go get Hawks' food. She placed it in front of him, then sat on the arm of the chair that he was in. Hawks' head slumped onto her thigh and Y/N sighed softly, running her hand through his hair.

"Thank you, kid, but I just don't have the stomach to eat," He mumbled, his voice slightly muffled. He got up abruptly and walked to the bed, taking off his wet clothes as he did so until he was only left in his boxers.

Y/N worried but said nothing as she shut off the rest of the lights in the hotel. She slid into the bed next to Hawks, her mouth turned into a frown.

"My feather picked up on your singing today," He said after a moment of tense silence. "Can...can you..?"

"C'mere, birdie," Y/N said teasingly as she pulled Hawks into her side and snaked her arm under his head so he could rest his head in the nook of her shoulder. She guided his arm so it was draped across her stomach. "I'm sorry you had a rough day."

When he didn't say anything, Y/N bent the arm that was under Hawks' head so her hand could slide into his hair again and massage his scalp.

"Sunflower, my eyes, want you more than a melody. Let me inside, wish I could get to know you," Y/N sang under her breath with her cheek resting on the top of Hawks' head."I don't wanna make you feel, but I've been trying hard not to talk to you."

Y/N felt as Hawks' body slowly started to relax with each passing moment.

"I couldn't want you anymore, kiss in the kitchen like it's a dance floor. I couldn't want you anymore tonight." Y/n ran her fingers up and down Hawks' arm that was draped over her stomach. "Wondering headshake, tired eyes are the death of me."

It was then when Y/N came to the horrid realization... she was falling in love with Keigo.

a/n: hello, all! thank you for reading this chapter! now, i am very tired so this one will be short lmao

happy holidays, folks, don't forget to vote & comment