16: slumming it with the heroes

"Holy shit," Y/N breathed out as they went into their hotel room. It was two presidential suites that were conjoined together with a single wooden door. "We're staying here?"

"Yeah, slumming it with the heroes have its' perks, I guess," Dabi went straight for the mini-fridge, grabbing two sodas. He threw one to Hawks blindly, who caught it without falter or panic.

They really did have a connection.

"This is hardly what I would call slumming, Dabi," Y/N said in awe, going to the window and looking out at the city lights. They had been driving for hours and Y/N had been sleeping most of that night.

"Yeah, yeah, sweetheart. You want something to drink?" He asked and she shook her head. "Alright, I'm gonna unpack in my room. Don't be too loud, yeah?"

Hawks sighed in exasperation as he drank from his can with one hand and flipped him off with the other. 

Dabi didn't even look at him, but he also threw a middle finger at them with his back turned while walking into his room. It was like he had a spidey sense when Hawks was flipping him off.

"So, Dabi made me be here for no reason? Because we know he won't turn on you." Y/N plopped herself on the couch in front of the large plasma TV.

"Unfortunately, kid, I might need you to ask a few questions to a few different people, but none of them are Toya."

"So you knew this whole time that Endeavor did...that to his kid?" Y/N asked in a hushed whisper. 

"As I said before, kid, I'm trying to make some big changes in the higher-ups. It takes some time," Hawks sat a couple of feet away from her while draping his arm on the back of the couch. 

"I trust you know what you're doing, Hawks," Y/N said firmly, locking her eyes with his guilt laced golden ones. "You're the number two hero for a reason."

Hawks hummed. "I like to think that, kid."

"Well, think about it because it's true," Y/N replied stubbornly and Hawks just laughed, closing his head and letting his head fall back. "You wanna order food?"

"Yeah, that sounds really nice," Hawks said and turned his head toward Dabi's room. "YO, TOYA!"

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?" Dabi yelled back distantly.

"YOU WANT FOOD?"

There was a small silence. "PIZZA."

"Yeah, I figured," Hawks mumbled to himself, getting to his feet and going toward the hotel phone.

"IF YOU PUT PINEAPPLE ON THAT FUCKER, I WILL RIP ALL YOUR FEATHERS OUT, BIRD!" Dabi yelled back and Hawks snickered. "I FUCKING MEAN IT, YOU SHIT HEAD."

"Yeah, yeah," Hawks called back and ruffled Y/N's hair as he walked by. "What are you hungry for, kid?"

Hawks stood at the phone, leaning on the table with one hand and his ankles crossed as he looked at her lazily with his blond locks falling from behind his ears. 

The bodysuit was one piece, Y/N learned with delight as the cargo pants hung deliciously low on his hips, and she could see the deep V peeking out from the bodysuit.

You. 

"Uh, a crispy chicken sandwich sounds good, if they have it." Y/N cleared her throat and he grinned at her while raising the receiver to his ear.

"Oh, sunflower, they have everything here," Hawks winked at her. "Yeah, hi, can I order some room service, please?"

🌻🌻🌻

The three had dinner together, which was surprisingly pleasant. That was until Dabi brought up them leaving tomorrow.

"We might be gone for at least half a day, knowing  The Gutter." Dabi took a large bite of his pizza and Y/N choked on her drink.

"This guy you're meeting is called The Gutter?" 

"Yeah," Dabi tilted his head at her. "Awe, sweetheart are you worried about us?"

"You can trip over a knife, for all I care," Y/N shot back, turning to Hawks and looking at him expectantly.

"Well, that's my cue to skidoo." Dabi gathered his drink and pizza then made a quick escape. "Night, losers."

"Night, Toya," Hawks' vision didn't leave Y/N, who gave a small wave. The look in his eyes was soft and tired.

"I won't put up a fight," Y/N sighed, throwing away her trash from dinner. "You have too much on your plate, you don't need me nagging at you."

Hawks nodded slowly. "I'm going to shower then I'll sleep on the couch. You can take the bed."

"Okay, now I'm going to nag you." Y/N gave him a soft smirk. "We can both have the bed, Hawks. We're adults."

Hawks sighed deeply in relief. "Oh thank fuck, I was hoping you would say that." He ruffled her hair as he walked past her into the bathroom. "Thanks, kid."

Y/N playfully smacked his hand away as she went to unpack. Y/N opted to sleep in an oversized shirt and even larger pajama pants then flopped on the bed.

Y/N lifted her head, a bright smile on her face.

This bed is amazing! She thought to herself, slipping under the comforter. God, are these feathers with silk sheets?

"You look comfy," Hawks' teasing voice said when Y/N looked up to shoot back a witty retort, her mouth dried. 

He only had on a towel wrapped around her waist. Hawks stood in front of her, dripping wet, messy hair, and even softer looking wings.

He just looked so...powerful, if that made sense. 

There were scars that littered his skin over his toned body. They were battle scars from saving people, which just Y/N want him more.

"Like what you see, sunflower?"

"I'm going to hate myself for saying this...but fuck yes."

a/n: thanks for reading you guys!! look at me go, two uploads in one night! i hoped you enjoy and that you have a great rest of your day/night. 

don't forget to comment and vote!!