27I Scared

Kyle's POV

Fury.

That was all I felt.

Fury that ate at me, that swallowed me in its deathly embrace.

The hatred I felt towards my little sister's abuser couldn't rival that of any of my brothers. Sure, I wasn't exactly always the nicest towards her, but when it came to Gabby, I felt I was the most protective of her.

She was my light.

That was why, as I stared at the practically lifeless figure of my sister, I almost wanted to break down into tears.

Those bruises, those closed eyes, pale skin, scars and the look of death invading her whole body was what made me want to leap out of my chair and kill that fucker.

However, he didn't deserve such an easy escape.

That was why I was more than happy we had dealt with him the way we had.

Flashback

Damien's hand rested on the doorknob, although he remained frozen in place, leaning against the door with his ear pressed up to the wood.

Something was clearly wrong.

Already, it was obvious our guesses in the car had been correct. All you had to do was look at the place to see the awful conditions our sorellina had been living in.

I knew I wasn't the only one disgusted, judging by my brothers faces, but for now I pushed that aside, instead focusing on my oldest brother's strange actions.

Luckily, I wasn't the only one who appeared to notice.

"Dame?" Ace asked hesitantly, watching our brother with furrowed brows. "What's wrong?"

"I can hear screaming," Damien breathed out, and I didn't miss the edge of panic in his voice. "It sounds like Gabby's."

At his words, pure anger consumed me.

The monster, the man we had trusted our baby sister with, was surely hurting her right now, and we were just stood there, allowing it to happen.

In a split second, irrational decision, i lunged towards the door, not caring how loud the bang sounded as I slammed it open, revealing the interior.

The first thing I noticed was how dark but small it was. It was cramped, the only source of light that of a dim bulb flickering above my head. It only took one glance at the walls to see they were dirty and cracked, as well as damp.

The carpet beneath my feet was thin and prickly, covered in stains, something which I was also able to smell.

The entire place reaked of nicotine and alcohol.

However, that wasn't the main thing that caught my attention.

Within moments of stepping in, an agonising shrill scream pierced the air, filled with so much pain that my heart practically broke into pieces.

Sure, after watching and partaking in a lot of torture of my own, I was used to hearing this sort of scream, but hearing it coming from someone who I assumed was my sister, left me wanting to cry.

Holy shit we needed to save her.

I didn't care if my brothers were following me or not as I frantically sprinted down the corridor, not giving a damn about the stench burning at my nostrils.