15I Phone

I threw the pen down onto my desk with a groan, banging my head against the surface from the frustration I was feeling. Why did math have to exist again?

It was pointless, stupid, annoying, unnecessary and a crap subject I would probably never need in my entire life.

Sure, addition, subtraction and all the other basics may have been useful, but when was I ever going to need to know what the 'x' was in 5 (18÷ 3+ 2x)- 3= 7? The answer was never!

Running a hand down my face in the hope that I would open my eyes and the answer would suddenly be revealed, I let out another groan when nothing in my mind changed and I was struck with a brain that was surely about to explode.

I decided to skip the question and instead moved ahead to the next one.

Well damn.

It read, 'what is the 'x' in 5 (4+ (10- 3x) ÷2)= 30'. What the fudgesticks?!

"Ugh," I groaned, burying my head in my hands. I knew I couldn't put this homework off because it would constantly be on my conscience and would be more work later, so I forced myself to look back at the paper.

Math. Stupid. Annoying. Pointless. Stressful. Unnecess-

"You OK there?" a voice asked from the doorway, causing my head to snap up and see Ace stood in the doorway, wearing a concerned expression.

"No," I groaned, dropping my head back into my hands at just remembering the piece of work in front of me.

"What's wrong?" my brother asked, and I could hear his footsteps walking over to me until I could see his shoes out of the corner of my eye.

"It's this math," I groaned in defeat, not even willing to look at the devil sheet in front of me.

A snort from Ace made my head snap up to look at my brother. "What?" I groaned.

"You do know there's a reason why Google exists, right?" he chuckled.

"I don't have a phone, computer or anything like that though," I sighed.

"Then you do know there's a reason why Luca exists?" Ace smirked.

"So we have someone in this house who can cook?"

"That too. But it also so happens that my dear baby brother is a math genius," Ace grinned. Hell yes! Now I could have my very own human calculator!

"Thanks A-"

Before I could actually finish thanking my brother for telling me this revelation, he cut me off with a loud yell of, "LUCA!" No matter how big the mansion was, I was sure that my brother had easily heard Ace calling him.

"WHAT?" Luca yelled back after a brief pause, his voice carrying from somewhere downstairs. Yep. I was right. My family all had a good set of lungs.

"GET UP HERE!" Ace shouted.

The distant sound of grumbling reached my ears although since he was downstairs, it was quite indistinct and unnoticeable.

However, only a few moments later, the sound of footsteps reached my ears, the noise increasing as Luca ascended the stairs until he reached the floor that all of our bedrooms were on. Not only a minute later, he had reached my door and was stood facing Ace and I.

"How may I help your annoying ass?" Luca asked his older brother sarcastically.

"Rude," Ace grumbled. "And I'm not the one who needs help. Gabby does."

Immediately, Luca's gaze snapped from Ace over to me. "What do you need then?" he asked me, a lot more kindly than when he talked to his brother, causing me to giggle slightly at the change of attitude.