⋆ FIVE ⋆

November 9th 2019

Logan had exited the ring as quickly as possible, to nobodies surprise. Jake had tried to stay in front of the cameras for as long as he could, also surprising nobody, he was truly trying his best to take in every scrap of attention he could get.

Maisie had gotten up just as quick, trying her best to weave her way through the crowd to catch Logan on his way out, only to have an arm reach out and grab her waist, basically dragging her backwards.

"Give him a minute," Mike whispered into her ear, his eyes not focusing on a single spot but darting around the arena instead, "Shannon's speaking to him, I'll text you when you can come in" and with that he was gone, knocking over drinks on his way out.

"Shit, well this got real sad real quick" Ray commented, sipping her drink, she was sat down her legs crossed as she leaned back.

"Yep..." was all Maisie could reply, pursing her lips as she looked in the direction that Mike had left.

She had known Logan long enough to know that he'd be beating himself up over this, she also knew Jake pretty well and could already image his snide comments that definitely wouldn't be helping whatever was going on in Logan's head at the moment, and the added 'Let's go Champs' that Shannon was surely throwing would just be terrible.

"Mais, look at how weird that lad's being" Ray caught her attention, pointing across the ring at a tall boy waving his arms frantically in their direction, the crowd around him nearly fazing him out.

"Niko?" She whispered under her breath, earning an odd look from Ray, "I'll be back in a minute" she told the girl, who only nodded and kept drinking, before making her way towards him zigzagging through the crowd as quickly as she could.

Whilst Logan had left swiftly KSI was still in the ring, and his supporters weren't leaving anytime soon. Drinks were still flying through the air, thankfully not landing on Maisie but the night was still young.

"Maisie!" He shouted in greeting, startling her slightly, "are you ready to get me in that ring?"

"I'll try my best," she told him, looking towards the camera with a small smile. They only had inches between them due to small pushes, constantly moving on their feet.

"Let's do this!" He shouted again, putting on his sunglasses and striding away, leaving Maisie and the cameraman to run after him.

Accidentally knocking into people she didn't know wasn't exactly what Maisie saw as a fun activity, especially not when they were the friends and family of the man who had just, let's be frank, humiliated one of her best friends.

"I already tried getting in," he turned around suddenly, making her bang into his chest, "but they just told me to fuck off, basically, so new plan" she nodded along as he looked over his shoulder, his eyes setting on two men. One in a green suit and the other wearing an oversized Balenciaga jumper.

"I'm trying to think whether it's worth trying to get in there," he told them, obviously asking for their opinion. Maisie felt out of place stood at his side, but his friends barely even looked in her direction, probably not noticing that she was there.

"No" the one in green finally said, looking over his shoulder.

"You don't think so?" Niko questioned again, turning to see Maisie before grabbing her shoulder and pulling her forward, "Maisie reckons she can get me in"

"I said that I'd try my best," she told them, licking her lips in nervousness. The two men were quite tall, however not reaching Niko's height. But that didn't make them any less intimating as they towered over her.

"Good enough for me" he smiled brightly before letting her go, walking away from the two men, leaving Maisie to awkwardly slip away after him with a short wave.

By the time Maisie reached Niko he already had a leg over the railings, shouting to one of the bodyguards that stood on the canvas, his black suit making him even more intimidating.

"What's up man, is it possible to maybe get a picture by the ring?" He asked, the man bending down to hear him before shaking his head, "fair enough, fair enough" Niko nodded but didn't move. He eyed Maisie, asking for help.

"Excuse me," she cleared her voice, trying again a second time, "excuse me!" This time it caught his attention.

"Can I help?" The bodyguard scanned her face, a smirk on his lips.

"Yeah, I'm sure you can" she smiled back, a flirty tone to her voice, "I'm here with Logan Paul and he seems to have left his mouth guard in the ring" Niko smiled, trying to hide his laugh.

"You're friends with Logan?" The man's voice was now less flirty, obviously thinking she was a crazed fan trying to get her way in.

"Yeah, see" she held up her VIP lanyard before quickly dropping it, not giving him time to see it, "anyways, his Grandpa gave him that mouth guard and it's very important to him, would you be able to have a look and see if its somewhere in the ring?" She batted her eyelashes, licking her lips as she leaned forward.

Maisie had never been good at flirting and was sure that she looked like an absolute idiot, but continued none the less. After all, confidence is key.

"Sure" he deadpanned, turning around just enough for Maisie to look towards Niko with a small nod, he smiled back, his teeth showing, before he spun, jumping up and holding onto the ring.

Niko sat on the side of the ring, pulling himself up before the man noticed.

"Sorry, you need a wristband," the man told him, pushing his shoulder lightly, to get him off.

"Not even here?" Niko continued, trying to weasel his way into the ring one way or another.

Maisie looked around, making sure no other members of staff were coming over. She had noticed a few people looking over, however, they were other audience members instead of staff.  They seemed amused at Niko's actions, basically bullshitting his way into a ring and getting pretty good content out of it.

Interviews were going on around her, which she most definitely would be in the background of. Probably not the best for her to be within KSI's ranks when on Logan's side, but she wasn't too worried about that at the minute.

Suddenly a yell came from somewhere in the crowd, and when she looked over and saw the man in the green suit from earlier. This time he was stood with Cal and Mia, who she had met earlier, and was pointing to the ring.

When her eyes finally returned to the reason she was there. Maisie was ecstatic to see Niko stood up in the ring, two security guards trying their best to push him out, but it didn't matter any more, he was already in.

"Ring Side, I just had to do it for the culture" she heard him say as they dragged him down, pushing him roughly over the metal fencing.

"You did it!" She yelled, raising her arms as he cheered.

"Maisie Elliots you've just helped me get a banger!"

——————
Written: 2nd January 2021
Published: 4th January 2021
Happy new years :) how are yous liking the story?