Author's Note

Epilogue out now! Stay tuned for the Epiphany ending, and Epiphany epilogue.

All of Narcissa's Time Turner was a total reimagining of Swan Lake, where Odette and Odile are the warring sides of Draco Malfoy. Hermione, our huntress, wants to shoot the swan at first but grows to be bewitched by its beauty. Greek mythology plays a large part and will continue to do so in the sequel. Hermione is Helen of Troy's daughter and Helen was hatched from a Swan's egg, hence why Hermione takes on part of the Swan role too and is also the one being hunted at parts. The ballet origin is why there is such an emphasis on dancing, music, and non-verbal communication within the story. 

How do time travel and fate relate to Swan Lake?

Swan Lake originally has a tragic ending, however the ballet became so loved many different iterations were created that change the ending entirely. Narcissa's Time Turner begins with that same tragic ending of the Swan's imminent death, and takes a trip through time to achieve a happier ending just as the ballet evolves over the decades. Just like Swan Lake, this story will have multiple entirely separate endings: the epilogue, the alternate end, and the end of the sequel.

Why did the story end here?

It ends here because this is the death of Draco being only human, and the birth of their romantic relationship. The Swan has jumped off the cliff, but in some versions both the Swan and its lover rise into the heavens either in life or after their deaths.

Will the sequel also be based on Swan Lake?

The sequel will be a take on a different story but continue exploring their relationship and keeping the same themes, picking up right where I left off at Christmas break in their 6th year. Greek mythology will continue to be an ever-present source of symbolism.

What was up with the necklace?

The jewels were made from veela blood as I'm sure you've guessed, but which veela's blood, and what else does it do? It won't be what you expect, but all will be revealed in the sequel.

Isn't this love story problematic?

Yes, it is. This is not a model of an ideal healthy relationship and I do not attempt to portray it that way. It is dark, obsessive, twisted, dubiously consensual, and it makes my Dramione heart beat. Their history together is already messed up. I tried to keep them both in character, and for me that meant their love would be stained but then all-consuming once it took hold.

Please comment any other questions you might have and I will answer if they aren't spoilers.

Thank you again, from the deepest abyss of my soul, for reading this work. It truly does mean a lot to me. I wrote this just for my own enjoyment and it was a battle to decide to post it.

I will go down with this ship.