Reindeer

The Zoosters found the reindeer happily eating grass near the crashed sleigh. One of them prances towards a butterfly, causing the rest to perk their heads up and smile.

All of the five animals awed at the sight of the cute and cuddly creatures.

"Oh! They are just adorable!" Gloria gushed. "Alex, go talk to them. Go, go, go, go, go!" The female hippo wasted no time to push Alex forward.

Ayana crossed her arms. "Yeah, cause that worked so great with Mort."

"Well if you feel that way, go with him Yani!" Gloria pushed Ayana in front of her, making her bump into Alex. The pair gazed into the other's eyes for a moment before Ayana spoke up.

"Well, in case it's dangerous to be near the reindeer you'll need this."

She holds out her hand.

Alex chuckles and takes it.

"Hello, there, little reindeer. You guys up for a little road trip?" Alex hummed as held out his hand. Everyone behind Ayana and Alex stepped closer and closer to the small animals with expressions of awe. "What do you say?"

Everyone took an immediate step back in alarm when a candy cane zooms past them, sticking in the bark of a tree.

"Back away!" All of the animals whirled their heads in the direction of the voice and saw the penguins perching on a rock as Rico readies another candy cane in a crossbow to be fired at the reindeer. "You don't know who you're dealing with." Skipper warned.

"Hey, no need to get psycho. They're just Santa's little..." Alex started before the reindeer beside him smacks his hand away, and out of the blue, all of the small animals stood on their hind legs and glared at the black-and-white animals.

"We meet again, South Polers!" The lead reindeer smirked

"North Polers!" Skipper grimaced. Rick tosses the crossbow and all of the penguins flip onto a pile of gifts in front of the larger mammals.

"Plot twist," Ayana commented, folding her arms.

"Okay, you guys know each other?" Alex asks, leaning closer to the quartet.

"It's a cold war that dates back centuries." Skipper answers him, raising his flipper. "You see, Santa used to be based in the South Pole."

The lead reindeer groaned. "This again? Santa chose North Pole, fair and square." The other reindeer nodded in agreement.

"Oh please." Kowalski scoffed. "They bribed him with candy canes and cheap elf labor."

While Kowalski spoke, Private's eyes turned their attention to the female deer before him; Cupid. His expression softened and grew lovestruck.

"That's it! Let's go!" As every deer readied to charge, sticking their antlers forward, Cupid noticed how Private gazed towards her and she grew lovestruck for the youngest penguin.

"On my command, kick him in the bells." Skipper tells his team as they prepared to fight. The leader noticed something was off and he got out of fighting positing in alarm. "Wait, where's Private?"

All of the penguins saw him going up to Cupid.

"You're the most beautiful deer I've ever seen." He said bashfully, holding his flippers together.

"That's the sweetest thing any penguin has ever said to me," Cupid responded, smiling while she got on all fours to get closer to the penguin.

"Every Woman in the World" by Air Supply played in the background, initiating the romance scene between Cupid and Private.

The small penguin fixed his vision to see Cupid more clearly, now he was able to see the doe's luscious green eyes and her light orange fur with white spots that seemed to create an appetizing pattern.

The pair floated in the sparkly reddish-purple atmosphere, even if they were surrounded by other animals both of them felt it was just the two of them.

Then, they leaned in for a kiss.

Girl, you're every woman in the world to me... 

Skipper slaps Private out of his daze. "Ow!" Private groaned from landing on the ground before glancing at the older penguin, his beak quivering.

"Shake it off, Private!" Skipper barked. "That north polar might look like a tall drink of water but she'll spit you out like a cup of bad eggnog!"

"Guys, guys. Come on, it's Christmas. You know, the season of giving. So, what do you say? Can you give us a ride?" Alex asked the reindeer.

"Son of the gun," The lead deer smiled, faking sincerity. "we're only allowed to take orders from Santa. Why don't you ask your South Pole comrades to help?" The buck leans before the penguins with his tone filling with mockery. "Whoops! I forget! They can't fly."

All of the reindeer, except Cupid, cackled to the monochromatic animals' irritation as they flew off. "Merry Christmas down there, stuck on the land!" The leader called back as Cupid walked over to Private and smiled softly.

"Merry Christmas," She tells him.

The lead reindeer called her name, making her follow. But she didn't do so without waving back, causing Private's heart to flutter.

"Great. There goes our lift home." Alex groaned as the Zoosters got in the sleigh.

"We'll fly it." Skipper volunteers along with the rest of the penguins.

Gloria rose her brow for possibly the hundredth time that night. "Skipper, you're a penguin."

"And those reindeer have, like, magical powers," Melman added.

"That's exactly what they want you to believe." Skipper tells them. "Private, give 'em a little demo."

Private sprinkled some dust from a tank over himself and he sneezed. Suddenly, he was floating in the air, the trail of dust withering away in his invisible tracks. Everyone widened their eyes in shock.

"The only thing magical about those North Polers is that tank full of sparkly stuff. Now, go find Big Red and we'll get this baby airborne." Private floated in front of Skipper and the penguin seized the moment to smack him like a beach ball.

-/-

A/N: That's all for tonight! More tomorrow!