16

Author's POV

Steve was holding a sleeping Natasha in his hands and walking to her bed, he put her down and under covers while caressing her hair. Dr.Cho had told them the drug effects would ware off some time the next day afternoon and he didn't want to disturb her. He left her room and turned of the television, walking out of her apartment and went to the main kitchen.

"Hey grandpa, watcha doing?" Wanda said with a smile.

"Trying to get me a drink, why are you still here?" He looked at the clock that suggested it was almost midnight.

"Couldn't sleep, everyone else is either busy packing or they've gone sleep already."

"Who's coming?"

"Well, let me see. We'll all be there, I mean you and Nat and Sam and Vis and I. Stark is coming with Pepper, good thing they patched things up cause other wise I'd have killed him by now." She rolled her eyes and Steve chuckled. "Maria is coming and Sam is excited about that. The Bartons are coming, all four of them. And, um, yeah, I think that's it."

Steve nodded in understanding.

"Ooh, also, Barnes is coming!"

"Bucky??"

"Yeah, T'challa says his fine and Pepper has got Tony cooled down about the whole situation. Also, Nat has talked to him and told him about how KGB,Red Room and Hydra work, so he can see a bigger picture now."

"Wow, I had no idea. I've gotta thank them." He mumbled to himself. "Anyways, when is Bucky joining us?"

"Stark said we'll meat him there. And apparently an agent is companying him, and she'll join us as well."

"Thank you Wanda, I kinda feel relieved." He gave her a hug and she smiled at him.

"Your welcome, grandpa"  she teased him.

Steve shook his head and pulled her in a hug. "Come on, I'll walk you to your room. Where's Vision?"

"Tony asked him to go visit them, said he needed help with something in his lab." Wanda answered. "I'll see him tomorrow morning." She pouted.

"Don't worry, I'm sure you two can survive the night." He said in a firm voice.

"You know, you'll make a hell of an annoying dad." She giggled.

"We'll just have to wait and see about that."

Wanda stood still, looking at Steve who was shocked by her reaction.

"What? What's up?"

"Steve... you-you do know that Nat-um, she..." she stuttered.

"There's always other ways, isn't there?" He gave her a reassuring smile. "I know Wanda, and I don't care." He shrugged. "We may need to have a serious discussion on the matter, to see where do we want this to go, but if we get serious, and if we decide to start a family, we'll think of something, you don't need to worry about that." He pulled her back in his embrace and walked her to her apartment in silent.

As they reached her door, Wanda turned around and looked him in the eyes, "you know, back then, with the whole Ultron fiasco, when I looked in to Banner's head, I saw doubt and uncertainty. But with you, I don't need to look into your mind and thoughts to know that your really in love with her." She smiled. "You won't hurt her, right?"

"I'd rather give my heart and soul to see her hurt, Wanda." He whispered.

"Captain, we have a trouble." Jarvis interrupted.

"What is it?"

"It's miss Romanoff, sir."

Without a further note given, both Steve and Wanda ran to Natasha's apartment and were by her side is a few seconds.