Chapter 2: Farming

The era was always developing, technology was always advancing, and the enterprise of transmigrating was also advancing with time. But according to incomplete statistics, seventy to eighty percent of them crossing over was because they were hit by a car. Most of them woke up and found themselves in an unfamiliar room.

Zhang Zhiyin woke up after being hit by a car and found himself in an unfamiliar room.

It’s not entirely correct to say that it was unfamiliar. The layout of the room also revealed a sense of familiarity – the messy desk, the stool with one leg missing, the shelf full of CDs, the blinding non-mainstream poster…

After looking around for a few seconds, he suddenly realized that this was not in the room where the plot began.

Players will appear in a small apartment as soon as they entered the game in, where they needed to complete a series of novice tasks such as “putting on the equipment” and “adding your skills”, and finally defeating two zombies who broke into their homes.

Zhang Zhiyin had established three side accounts and was more than familiar with this scene.

Zhang Zhiyin touched the wooden desk. He still felt an unrealistic sense of reality – what was happening… To him?

The game had five common occupations for players to choose: Students, White-Collar Workers, Athletes, Doctors, Teachers, and two fee-paying occupations; Special Forces and Researchers, which players needed to pay a fee if they want to play them.

In addition, there were Killers, Thieves, Monks, Taoists, Actors, Singers, Chefs, and other special occupations. When players entered the game, they had a certain probability of triggering them. They could also be obtained when special conditions in the game were fulfilled and be acquired as a side occupation.

Each occupation had its own advantages and disadvantages in line with its own occupation characteristics. The five basic occupations were generally balanced, and the attribute advantages of the fee-paying occupations were more outstanding.

The occupation Zhang Zhiyin chose in the game was student, with average attributes in all aspects but the advantage was that it had great potential for growth. At this time, the layout of his apartment was exactly the same as that of the apartment were those who chose student as their occupation. If the basic routine here was based on the game, then it was very likely that his occupation was still a student.

It’s just… He lowered his head, lifted his broad T-shirt and looked at his flat upper body without any muscle – it was the body he knew very well, not the character with eight abdominal muscles in the game. In front of the dressing mirror, it also reflected his own face. Gentle and calm, with a hint of panic and bewilderment, which was totally different from the sunny and energetic student set in the game.

There were no other clues that could be found in the room. Zhang Zhiyin stumbled to the window and looked down. In the game, he could not actively perform actions such as looking down through the window.

But now he could actually see as if the world in this game had been completely mended – the coming of the end of the world, the silence surrounding everywhere, the zombies lurking in the city, and the screams of sorrow coming from somewhere else.

The game began from the tenth day of the end of the world. The surviving player had finished his food reserve at home and finally realized the reality. He decided that he could not passively wait for his end. He needed to go out and find a way to survive.