Chapter 18: Opening the Shop

Zhang Zhiyin absorbed the crystal nucleus of the goat boss and the effect was remarkable. His ice elemental ability was raised to Level 2 and nearly to Level 3; he just needed a little more before he could break through into the third level. He breathed out a sigh and assumed that he would be able to exit the Valley of the Extinct Dragon by the time his ice ability reached Level 5.

The sun was shining outside and the sky was bright. But Zhang Zhiyin belonged to the ice elemental. The more it rained and snowed, the better it was for him. Sunshine would only weaken his ability.

He looked at the weather and decided to take a day off and stay in the cave to refine medicine.

<Tomorrow>’s medical system was extremely innovative, but it was also the very opposite of one’s expectation. In the game, item dealers could only buy “penicillin” and “adhesive bandage” which were common medicines. They could only treat trauma and heal up a small amount of HP, and the effect was also very slow, so it was not reliable to use them when going out for grinding. Some players had complained, and this was the official reply they had gotten, “Dear, this is why the casualty rate in the apocalypse will be so high. Be a little more realistic, will you?”

But if all the players were pitted like this, then the game would not be able to go on.

Therefore, first of all, in the item store, players would be able to purchase quick and effective blood tonic drugs with yuan. The item store uniformly classified them as “panacea”. Secondly, players could also learn ‘pharmaceutical skills’. Pharmaceutical skills were also divided into two kinds, one was “scientific pharmacy” which could be acquired in the game, but the players who studied scientific pharmacy could only produce ordinary chicken rib drugs such as bandages in the early stage, and only when the pharmaceutical level was higher in the later stage could they develop or produce top-grade drugs by themselves or through prescriptions. The other was “Xuanmen Pharmacy”, all medicines produced by this method would be a “panacea”. Although the initial effect was not as good as that bought directly from the item stores, it was still much better than making an adhesive bandage.

When Dajia was still in University, he was studying medicine refining. He was so angry at this setting in that he finally ran away and did not play it anymore. He felt that the setting of <Tomorrow> was an insult to science and a serious violation of the scientific outlook on development. However, later on, he found out that the first tag given to when the game was released was actually “fantasy”.

Zhang Zhiyin bought the “Pharmaceutical Complete Comprehensive of Drug Collection” from the store, which would give the players an understanding of “Xuanmen Pharmacy”. He was not very interested in this in the past. He had only casually refined some of the lowest HP potions for the novices and his refining skills had actually been upgraded to Level 2.

He took out the materials he accumulated these days from his space and placed them in different categories. He went through the <Comprehension Guide> to find out what medicine he could refine now, and realized that a lot of his materials could not be used to refine drugs, such as the skin of the salamanders. But in fact, the skin of the salamander was the best material to make fire armor. This was because salamanders only existed in the Valley of the Extinct Dragon, and the location was often reserved by those with a dominant position in the game, so the price of salamander skin was very high.

Zhang Zhiyin just wanted to throw these things into the trading house directly at the price of its value. But, suddenly, he thought of a better idea.