𝐭𝐰𝐨

1922
China town, Birmingham

THE SHELBY'S AND BILLIE FOLLOWED QING YUAN,deeper into the markets of China town, avoiding various vendors adamant to sell their products. Billie wasn't far from the boy, but assuming by Arthur's cursing and John's loud complaining they were finding it hard to keep up.

Qing yuan turned down an alleyway that had a door guarded by two beefy men that stared down Billie the closer she got. She looked behind and saw both Arthur and John at the end of the alleyway breathing heavily. She turned and looked down at the little boy, and he looked back and then pointed at the door, "there"

Billie nodded, fishing her hands in her pockets she pulled out a gold coin and gave it to the boy whilst flashing him a wink causing him to giggle. "Go get yourself something."

The boy ran, squeezing past John and Arthur. "Where's he goin'" Arthur asked still short on breath.

"He's done his job." Billie returned her attention back to the two hulking men that was still yet to utter a word. "Alright you two. I need you to tell Li Yong I'm here."

The men gave her an apprehensive stare, before sharing a glance at each other and then back at her. "Okay"

"Good." Billie muttered, lighting up a cigarette between her lips. Inhaling deeply she closed her eyes and lifted a hand to the side of her forehead and massage it, trying to elevate the pounding headache she knew was coming. "John ... If you want to talk, talk but if you tap your foot one more fucking time ... I'll cut it off."

John cleared his throat. "What do 'ou think is gonna happen?"

"Tommy didn't tell you?"

"Hardly tells us anything these days." Arthur grumbled.

Before she could ask him another question a feminine voice rang through the alleyway. Billie looked up and let out an exasperated sigh. "... Mai Ling."

"You know her?" Arthur whispered in her ear.

"Sadly." She answered her eyes never leaving the Chinese woman as she slinked her way through past her guards until she was in front of the dark skinned woman.

"It's been a long time since I've seen you."

"Yeah ... that was on purpose."

"I figured that out after five unresponsive letters ... many nights I dreamed of you."

Billie hummed as her face remained impassive knowing that a reaction was what Mai Ling was looking for. "You're a long way from home, Chicago got boring for you 'eh?"

"I'm here for business."

"Hmm, so I'm in but it seems you're blocking me."

"Oh, no no, just wanted to speak to you before ... you get swept up in business like you normally do."

"Can I just go, this one over here looks like he wants to piss 'imself."

Mai Ling paused and stared at the woman that had been plaguing her thoughts for the last 3 years. From the corner of her eye she could see 2 white who she presumed were Tommy's brothers, both getting more angst the more the stood.

Sighing in slight defeat she took a step back from Billie and turned around and started walking, Li Yong mysteriously appearing by her side. "Do hurry the sale is starting soon."

Yet again Billie released another sigh, she turned and signalled for the Shelby boys to follow her. She grimaced at the odd feeling of wet mud grumbling annoyed that she'll have to get it cleaned again.