94. New Year's Eve

[•Ferit's POV•]

I hid near the wardrobe and wore the supervillain mask in my hand. This was ridiculous but I sighed and advanced towards the bed with my hands in the air like a 'normal supervillain'.

"Ayushi the gun! Take the gun!" Ayan ordered his little sister, "Your puny gun won't affect me" I replied and laughed like a supervillain. "Abi look at you!" Idris laughed and Nuri blinked at me. "Shoot" Ayushi turned to her brother, and my dear son pretended to fire his gun.

"I told you it won't affect me" I shrugged at him, "That's not fair! You are supposed to fall down and cry" Ayan sulked. "I am supposed to eat you now" I smirked and pounced on the kids, tickling them. "Daddy stop!" Ayan cried and jumped into Nuri's lap, "Mommy look!" he cried and tugged at Nuri's dress.

"Ayan stop that, let me read this" Nuri sighed and pushed him towards me. "What is she reading?" I asked Ayan as Ayushi tried to wrestle with me. He looked under the book to see it's title, "PRID... AND.. PRC-" "That is an 'E' kid" Idris corrected him. "It looks like a C" Ayan replied. Idris was peeping at the book Nuri was reading but I snatched it from her hands.

"Ferit come on..." She groaned, "Pride and Prejudice? Nice" I read the cover and flipped through the pages, "By Jane Austen" Idris added, "Have you read this?" I asked him, "Nope, but our teacher mentioned it in class" "Can you give that back?" Nuri tried snatching it back from me but I rolled to the side.

"Ferit please" She sighed, "Give mommy her book" Even Ayan was supporting her now, so he climbed over me and took it. Already Ayu was sitting on my stomach and Ayan added to the load, "Thank you sweetie" Nuri took the book from him and Idris laughed seeing me struggle to keep the two of them still.

"Let's wrestle" "We wrestled last night too and you won" I sighed at my sons request, "Come on daddy, I want to beat you again" Ayan replied and patted his arm to show me his muscles, Idris and I laughed. "Alright" I replied and Nuri lifted Ayu from my chest onto her lap. "It's dangerous" She replied and Idris kept Ayu entertained while I 'wrestled' with Ayan.

This time I didn't let him win and he groaned at the end, "You cheated daddy!" He cried and laid down on my chest, "Did I, buddy?" I turned to Idris and he shook his head, "Nope" he chuckled. "See?" I turned back to Ayan, "Then abi should wrestle with daddy" Ayan suggested, "No kid, your father is pretty tired already" he replied and I wondered how he had grown up so fast.

If someone had asked Idris to wrestle with me five years back then he would have agreed immediately, "Abi is scared" Ayan crossed his arms and smirked, "You cannot persuade me like that" "Please abi, beat dad!" He insisted.

"It's okay Idris, come on" I said and got Ayan off my chest. "Start!" He cried as Idris positioned himself above me, he had grown stronger no doubt. He was going to turn thirteen after a few days and I was proud that he had toughened up over time. When Idris was younger, he was very much like Ayan but now he had turned into a completely different person. "I won!" Idris cried and I came back to my senses.

"You lost to kids" Nuri laughed and Ayushi chuckled with her. "Daddy lost! Abi is stronger than dad! Yess!" Ayan jumped on the bed. "I was distracted" I replied and Idris got off of me, "Whatever you say abi" He replied smugly. "Look at the time, you two have school tomorrow" Nuri turned to the boys.

"It's just New Year's eve celebration, it's not like we have classes" Idris replied, "Do you think your little brother will wake up on time if he sleeps this late?" She sighed and Ayan sulked. "I will wake up" He retorted and Idris laughed, "Sure, last time you slept at nine and you woke up at nine" he said.

"Off to bed three of you" I sat up on the bed. "Take Ayu too dear" Nuri handed her to Idris and blew kisses to the three of them, "Good night" Idris said and Ayan repeated, "Good night" We smiled at them and Nuri laid back on the bed. She stared at the door for sometime and I gazed at her, "What?" She turned to me and laughed.

"Nah, nothing" I replied and wrapped my hands around her waist, pulling her towards me. "It's not nothing" She caressed my face. I always loved it when she did that, "I was just thinking" I replied, "Hmm? About?" "The past five years" I replied and she smiled. "We made it this far" I whispered, "I think we did good... So far" "Everything's been perfect so far" I replied as I got lost in her eyes again.

"Have you thought about that third child" I bit my bottom lip and a red tan crept into her cheeks, "I told you that we are not going to have a third child Ferit" "Why not?" I pulled her closer and brushed my nose against hers. "I told you before... It won't be good for Idris" She was right in a way, if we have a third child then Idris might feel lonely.

"Hmm... Okay" I mumbled and she beamed at me, "Thank you" She left a peck on my lips, that was enough to turn me on. I got on top of her and pinned her hands above her head, "Fine, we won't have any more kids but that doesn't mean I can't do anything" I smirked, "Get off of me silly" She laughed but I brought my lips down to her.

"Mommy-" We heard the door knob turn and Nuri pushed me off of her. I collapsed by her side as Ayan entered the room, "Can I wear my batman suit to school tomorrow?" He asked us, "No... Your teacher already told me what you should wear" Nuri replied, trying hard to stop blushing.

"Hmm... Okay, then can I wear it to grandma's daddy?" Ayan's eyes twinkled. "Okay son" I replied and he beamed at me. "Close the door" I said when he left us in peace. I sighed and turned to Nuri, "This is one major issue" She chuckled and kissed my cheek.

"Sleeping like this is better" She whispered and hugged me tightly, "I will get my chance to devour you one night, sweetheart" There was a faint blush in her cheeks. I tucked her hair behind her ear like always, and my thumb lingered on her cheek fondling it. Her head on my chest was the greatest feeling I had ever known.

×××

The program had started and all parents were asked to seat themselves in the assembly hall. Nuri handed me Ayushi while she went to help the boys backstage. "Mommy said bye bye?" She asked as she stood on my thighs, "Mommy went to help the boys" I replied and her curious eyes wandered all over the place. "Abi?" "Abi will be on stage soon" I replied.

"Abi gonna dance?" She laughed and I smiled at her, "Yes, Ayan abi has a dance now" I replied and made her sit down on my lap. "But mommy? She'll dance too?" Ayu played with my tie and I chuckled. "No baby, mommy will be back now" I kissed her head and made her focus on the stage. The board of directors came out then and began with the welcome speech.

Nuri returned at that time, "Mommy!" Ayushi squealed and jumped into her arms, "Where are the boys?" I asked her, "Idris and a few kids have to anchor the performance. They will be out now" "And who is that?" I stared at the man on the stage, "That's the chairman" She replied and I nodded.

"Chairman" Ayushi repeated as she played with Nuri's scarf. "Yes, chairman" "Wa'bout batman?" She asked and we smiled. Ayan's madness for batman had affected her too, "Look your brother is on stage" Nuri pointed at Idris who smiled at us secretly. He was a wonderful anchor and everyone clapped when he ended.

Ayan's dance was next, the teachers called it the robot dance and it was ridiculous. "Is this what they call dancing?" I whispered, "He is 4 years old Ferit" "But sweetheart... This is... Random movements" I replied. "Just praise him when he comes down" She replied and I laughed, "He has a very bad dance teacher" I shook my head.

She stared at me, "You talk as if you are a maestro" she chuckled, "Well, I taught you how to dance. I can consider myself a maestro" I replied and she bopped my chest, "I taught the most stubborn, most shy woman to dance to my beats" I chuckled and put my arm around her neck.

"Mom! Dad!" Ayan called to us from the stage after his dance was done. The whole crowd turned to us when he waved. We barely managed a smile at our dear son who was embarrassing us like anything. The teacher finally pulled him off the stage and I sighed, "What are we going to do with him?" I turned to Nuri who shrugged at me.

After the program ended, we headed backstage with Ayushi in my arms. Ayan was tugging at his robot dress while Idris was talking to a girl, "Who is that Nuri?" I asked staring at them, "I don't know" She replied, "Do you think...?" "Oh come on Ferit, she's just his friend" She replied and bent down to help Ayan with his costume.

___________________________
Last Edited: 11th May 2021