95. A Strange Girl

[•Idris's POV•]

I was talking to this girl for the first time, even though I had seen her around our class. 

She kept going on about how well I had performed on stage and I thanked her for every compliment. "Can we be friends then?" She held out her hand modestly. She was brought up in some English queen's palace for sure, hence I had to be a gentleman too. 

I smiled at her and was about to shake her hand till Mehul-the-idiot ruined our moment, "No. Idris is reserved" He put his arm around my shoulder and led me away, "Dude what the-" "Shh... Your abi" He smiled at abi innocently. I glared at him. If he hadn't interrupted, I could've been friends with that cute girl. 

"Heyo uncle" Mehul grinned at abi. "Ah, Mehul... It's been a long time since I saw you" Abi smiled back, "How are you, and your parents?" "I'm great. Mom and dad are out with my sister right now. They went to meet her teachers" he replied.

"Hey, Idris!" I heard Theo call my name and turned to greet his friendly face, "You were awesome out there" He grinned, bumping my shoulder. "Thanks" I smiled warmly at them. Mehul and Theo were my best friends from elementary school, we were like brothers... Even though Mehul was extremely annoying at times, he never had any bad intentions.

Nuri appeared with Ayan from the changing room. The kid had changed back to his original clothes. "Abi!" Ayan ran circles around us. "Hey kid" Theo ruffled his hair. "I liked your dance," He said and Ayan's eyes gleamed, the kid loved it when someone praised him. "How are you, kids?" Nuri smiled at them. "Amazing as always" Mehul grinned and Nuri chuckled. 

"Daddy I want ice cream" Ayushi began tugging at abi's tie. "Right now?" She nodded. "If Ayu eats ice cream, I will eat ice cream too" Ayan crossed his arms like an adult, he had learned that from Nuri. "There are stalls outside abi, can we all get ice cream?" I turned to abi and he agreed.

[•Nuri's POV•]

I took Ayushi into my arms to make her stop fussing about the ice cream, "Idris abi will be back soon" I told her and she quieted down while the boys went outside, and Ayan tagged along with them.

Ferit and I talked with a few of Ayan's teachers in the meantime, "He is very mischievous though... He keeps scribbling in all his books. He keeps arguing with the other students" She said and Ferit glanced at me, "He never listens to any of his teachers-" "We'll talk to him" Ferit interrupted her with a sigh. 

We left that teacher as soon as possible, "He is just four, what do they expect from him Nuri?" Ferit turned to me. He hated it when anyone complained about the kids. "Well, you can't blame her either. Ayan barely listens to me and argues all the time, but he'll get better in a few years... I hope. Even Idris was like this till he was ten, don't worry" I smiled at him and he nodded hopefully. 

"Excuse me" We turned to find a lady with round spectacles, "Are you Idris's guardians?" "Yes?" We replied. "Ah, I am his English teacher" She shook our hands. "Mommy where's ice cream?" Ayushi pulled at my scarf, "Shh..." I frowned at her and she buried her face in my chest. "As I was saying, I've known Idris from his first year here. He has improved a lot, in his academics and co-curricular activities. His presentation was wonderful" She smiled, "Thanks" We smiled at her.

She talked about Idris's performance for some time till she began telling us about the upcoming English quiz. "The quiz will be held next week, after their New Year's holiday. I would like Idris to participate in it" She said, "I am positive that he'll win if he does. He's an excellent reader and is well aware of nearly all great books and authors" "Thank you. We'll talk to him about it, have a good day" We smiled at her.