Chapter 7: my wolf is a dude?

My wolf.

I had a wolf.

I had a wolf and that wolf was a fucking dude.

A growl echoed inside of my head. „Don't talk about me like that little one."

I have a guy talking inside of my head and he can read my thoughts. This is my worst nightmare. Cue to another growl.

Behind you."

I whirled around to see my other worst nightmare walking cautiously towards me, a crying Josephine following behind him. Her wet cheeks made pain curl inside of my stomach once again. Why? I didn't know her, she meant nothing to me.

There was a pained grunt in my mind, reminding me of the intruder. He sounded hurt. Worry infiltrated me unwillingly.

What is wrong with you?

Nothing. You are not ready. I am holding it back." He chocked out. „Go see if she is okay, you hurt her" I could feel him holding back the bite in his tone.

Is this asshole trying to lecture me or something? Cue to another growl inside my head. I flinched. I didn't want to, or maybe I did, and conceded to the scary sound in my mind.

I stood back up, the pain in my skull having subsided, and walked towards the girl that was crying because of me. I made sure to stay a safe distance away from the mountain of man that would have been in my way, had I not went around him.

Big, blue, tear filled eyes greeted me once i stood in front of her and another wave of pain hit me in the stomach.

„Why are you crying?" I asked her, while keeping my eye on the man now at my back.

„Y...You thought I was going to hurt you. I-I would never! But y-you thought i would. You thought I was a monster." She choked out.

Apologize." Rang in my head.

I couldn't help myself and opened up my arms to engulf her in my arms. „I'm sorry." I whispered into her ear, before leaning back and wiping away the salty water on her cheeks. „I'm going to need more explaining from you, if that's okay." I offered gently.

Her face lit up. „I would love to."

I guided her back inside, as if that was the most normal thing in the world, my escape long forgotten. All that mattered right now was that the waterworks wouldn't start again.

Footsteps followed behind me, and I had to ignore the fear inside of my heart, while all of my instincts told me not to go back inside the wolf's den.

Finding a lounging area with several couches and a big flat screen, I sat Josephine down on one of them before moving an armchair in front of her and sitting down. Just because some illogical worry and guilt filled me, doesn't mean that I'm okay sitting next to her, sitting so close to one of them.

Cue to a growl in my head.

„W-What do you want to know?" She asked happily, while sniffing away the last of her tears. Damn her mood changes easily.

„There's a voice inside my head, a presence, and it's not mine." I told her. Right now, it was surprisingly calm.

„Since when?"

„A few minutes ago."

„This is great! Your wolf must have known you were among your own and finally showed up. She knows you're safe here." I decided to keep the fact that my wolf was a guy to myself right now.

Movement in the corner of my eye alerted me to the fact that Lorenzo had moved away from the door he had stayed put at, and was walking towards me with determined steps. A smile covered his face, he looked like all of his worries had suddenly been washed away.