Chapter 1: sick

I was annoyed. Angry. Screw that, I was furious.

But I guess that's what I get for calling in sick the previous night.

Quick introduction because those are annoying. Im Noelle, though my stage name is Olivia, to sound more feminine and all that shit. Im currently 19 years of age, I work at Julians pretty girls but most people just call it Julians. It's a strip club, classy I know. I live above it with 20 other girls, its crammed though most of them know not to get in my way. The totally unclichee -note the sarcasm- reason I am currently a stripper is my ex-boyfriend. Hurray to this stupid bitch. So anyways, I grew up in foster care. Apparently, I was given up at age 8 but I don't remember anything before coming into the crappy system. Since I was supposedly too old, I never got adopted and people who get paid to let kids live with them are not always the nicest.

Anyways I was pretty fed up with it and grew the balls to run away with my best friend Juliette when I got 16. Shit happened and we got separated shortly after because of circumstances. I hung out with the wrong people, leading me to meeting Julian- yes that Julian, my ex. That 26 year old bastard got me into trouble and when I broke up with him he forced me into working at the strip club or he would kill me. So here I am, but I don't like pity.

Anyhow, yesterday I was sick and told a girl to say I was unable to work that night. Surprisingly I wasn't forced to work anyways, but now I apparently had to double the 5 hours I had lost, adding the usual hours, to make up for it. To make it simple, it was Friday and I had until Sunday to add 10 hours to my usual hours, and I was not happy. But I couldn't afford another beating or starving, I already had one last week and the bruises were just starting to get harder to see under the makeup.

So here I was, with a runny nose, getting dressed for a 7p.m. to 3a.m. shift. The pitying looks from the other girls in the dressing room were fuelling my anger, and when I caught the new girl staring and the particularly nasty bruise on my stomach I was attempting to cover up with makeup, I snapped.

"Fuck off". She looked down quickly, cheeks red. weak I mumbled under my breath, she wouldn't last a month here. And covering the sadness of that fact with harshness was easier than facing the tragic truth of her future.

I looked to the mirror in front of me, I needed more sparkling pink eyeshadow, the black eye I had was faint, but still present. Surprisingly, I healed very fast compared to other girls here, encouraging the men handling us to beat me up more often.

Sighing after being done with my makeup, I put on my pink wig, the hair coming to just above my shoulders, sparing one last glance to the mirror, and walked out to my assigned stage for the night. Customers were just starting to come in, and the place already reeked of alcohol, even with my runny nose I could smell it.  Let the fun begin.

It was around 11p.m. when Julian himself came outside of his office, I was sniffling continuously, trying to stop the snot from pouring from my nose. I felt hot all over, and the fever I thought had gone came crashing back in waves, making my vision go a little blurry from the 4 hours of standing.

My sight came back when I noticed all previous clients had left and the music had stopped also, leaving Julian to make a speech in front of us lowlife strippers.

"...so to make it clear once again, he is very important. Don't look into his eyes unless its with that 'I want you to fuck me' face. If you disrespect him in any way, I'll strangle you myself in your sleep if he doesn't kill you first. Now make a good show."

Right.

The music started again, causing me to start to dance around the pole once more. Adding to my dizzy head, men started coming inside, there had to be around 6 or 7 of them, and from what I could hear, they weren't happy.

"Sir I beg you at least look at them, they are the best you'll find in the whole city!" That sounded like Julian being his usual ass-kisser self.

"Oh would you fuck off." A deep voice said annoyed. I don't know what it was about that voice, but I had to look. The timber of his voice alone seemed to sooth my headache.

So look is what I did, and man, did I see.

His back was to me, but his back alone was capturing all my eyes attention. The defined muscles I could make out even under his dress shirt, made my knees buckle in an unknown way.

I hadn't even noticed I stopped dancing until a member of the staff came and backhanded me, snapping me out of the trance while also causing me to yelp. "Fucking go back to dan-"

A growl.

A fucking growl was heard throughout the entire club, shaking even the walls if you asked me.

When I looked up to find the source of that noise, I found narrowed green eyes staring at me, or rather at my slapped cheekbone.

"Mine" He whispered, though with the silence I am pretty sure the entirety of this floor heard him say it.

My confusion grew as he stalked towards me, fury raging behind his deadly eyes. I knew the look in these eyes. He looked about ready to kill. And I did not intend to be his first victim. That's why I did the most reasonable thing when he was in front of me and reached for my wrist, I slapped him, quite hard may I add. And then I ran for it.

I didn't get too far, but it was worth the try. It was Julian who caught me, he wasn't gentle about it either, gripping my waist where he knew were bruises, since he was the one to put them there. "Sir I have other girls that are... fresher than this one, and more willing, less work. But Ill punish her-"Again a growl erupted, cutting Julian off.

The mans eyes weren't green anymore, they were black. As he approached me the way an animal would a prey, I found the time to think about my pathetic life. I never wanted to give up on it, no matter how shitty it got, it was still my life. But in that moment, I thought it could be a relief to get killed quickly and not tortured by Julian in every possible way he could make up.

So, I closed my eyes and made peace with the fact that I was about to die.

Surprisingly, I didn't die when he touched me. A shock went through me and snapped my eyes open. The man softly pulled me out of Julians dirty hands and towards him. He placed himself between Julian and me. I flinched when I felt his warm fingers lifting my chin, I thought that maybe he'd try to kiss me, he frowned. He snapped his free left hand by his side. A black suit jacket was placed into that same hand by someone, I didn't dare look at the person. The mans gentleness, knowing he was going to kill me, was even more terrifying. Was he going to choke me with his jacket? or was he going to smother me with it? Maybe he would hang me? That would be a spectacle. When he raised the hand he had the jacket in, I began to shake.

Please let it be quick.

I nearly gasped when I felt him place it over my shoulders, covering me up. Julian did gasp.

A soft, dazed smile danced around the mans lips, he made me want to smile, though I repressed that want.

Then his eyes narrowed, he looked over my head, signalling something to someone. Next thing I know I am being ushered out the front door by a blond, being handled like I might break by his touch being too rough.

The last thing I see before the front door closes, is terrifying. The green-eyed man has long canines coming out of his mouth threateningly, his fingernails resembling claws. "How would you like to die?" he asks threateningly. A chill runs up my spine. I was pushed into the backseat of the car, the door closed with a bang, making me jump.

How would you like to die?

Will he give me the same choice?

Let me know what you guys think ;)