Epilogue // Part 1

Ann Arbor, MI

Oliver Greene

The leaves were beginning to change and the air was growing cooler by the day. I hurried into my dorm, taking the stairs up to mine and Ben's room. When I opened the door, I expected the room to be empty, but Ben was on the bed, asleep. After our parents and Henry had left, Ben and I had pushed the two twin beds together so we could share and have more common space for our desks on the other side of the room. And the snuggling before falling asleep isn't too bad either.

I smiled and quietly closed the door behind me. I leaned over him and kissed his cheek, hoping not to disturb him. I set my backpack down next to my desk and opened it, pulling out my laptop to get some work done.

The sound of an alarm made me pull my earbud out and look over towards Ben, who was groaning and reaching for his phone.

"Hey, Ol." he muttered, rolling over to face me.

"Hi." I greeted, smiling at him.

"How long have you been back?" he asked, sitting up.

"About two hours I think." I responded. Ben nodded and yawned.

"You wanna go out? Get some coffee?" he asked. I turned around to look at him.

"Don't you have practice soon?" I asked.

"It's later today. Come on." he said, standing up and smiling at me. I closed my laptop and smiled up at him, putting my shoes and jacket on while he pulled a sweatshirt on.

We walked hand in hand downtown, finding a little coffee shop to stop in.

"When's the next game?" I asked him, taking a sip of my drink as we sat down.

"This weekend, Saturday." he responded. "You should come." he said. I smiled as I took another sip.

"You know I wouldn't miss one of your games." I replied.

"Funny, there was a time when I had to convince you to come." he joked, making me smile. The sound of the door opening and a group of very loud voices carrying through the shop made me turn to look at the racket.

"Jones!" one of them yelled. Ben looked behind me to see who it was, grinning and waving when he saw them.

"Hey, guys." he greeted as they approached the table, high fiving and doing a complicated handshake. I noticed that nearly all of them were wearing Michigan Football jackets.

"You going to introduce us to your friend?" a tall, broad blond asked.

"This is Oliver." he said, looking at me with a smile on his face.

"No way, the Oliver?" the blond exclaimed, laughing.

"Uh, yeah?" I answered, confused by his question.

"Ben never shuts up about you." he grinned, making Ben's cheeks darken ever so slightly.

"Literally. I think we know more about you than him." a tan, dark haired guy added.

"I might talk about you a little bit." he said, a lopsided smile on his face.

"A little bit is definitely an understatement." the blond said, laughing. "I'm James, by the way. That's Tyler, Cody and Cole." he said, pointing to the dark haired guy, an extremely tall guy with black hair, and then a pale, red head on the end.

"Nice to meet you guys." I said. "Are you all on the team?" I asked. They all nodded.

"Yep." Cody answered.