Prologue or the beginning of the story

Hello the company!! I'm French and I wrote this story last year, in 2020. It has reached a little over 12,000 readings and I thought it might be a good idea to put it on Wattpad in English...?

I am far from being bilingual, so if I make mistakes in English... don't hesitate to tell me!

I hope this story will be read and here's hoping you enjoy reading it!

🤗🤗🤗

***

The star of Eärendil had already been visible in the sky for several hours

The Lady Galadriel was coming out of Caras Galadhon, the splendid capital of her kingdom, the Lothorién.

The pale glow of the stars accompanied her on her journey.

Ú i vethed nâ i onnad
Si boe ú-dhanna.
Ae ú-esteli , esteliach nad.
Ú i vethed nâ i onnad.
Nâ boe ú i,
Estelio han, estelio han, estelio,
Estelio han, estelio meleth.
Esteliach nad, estelio han.

The melodious voices of the Lorién elves passed between the majestic trees of the forest.

The song resounded in Lady Galadriel's head and she walked, serene, breathing the pure air and soaking up the peace of the night.

Without realising it, she went quite far from the city, and soon arrived in a beautiful moonlit clearing.

She entered it and suddenly noticed a small shape on the ground.

Galadriel approached and saw a little elf about a year old wrapped in white cloths.

The elf looked at her, when she opened her eyes.

The little girl had very black hair and shiny grey eyes. Her skin was very pale and Galadriel suddenly feared that she was cold.

Delicately, she took the little girl in her arms, who was staring at Galadriel's long blond hair with her clear eyes.

Galadriel brought the little girl back to Caras Galadhon where she presented her to Lord Celeborn, her husband.

Her husband, surprised, decided that they would look after the girl together at least until they knew who her parents were.

Finally, days and weeks went by and no one had heard of a possible family for the little elf.

Lord Celeborn and Lady Galadriel chose a name for her:

Elenwë, which means 'the star'.

This name suited her perfectly because the little girl gurgled with pleasure every time she saw the stars.

However, the lords of the Lorién were surprised that she didn't speak. At that age, the other elf children were already fluent speakers.

When she had been living with the Lorién for almost a year, Lady Galadriel, supported by her husband, decided to invite Lord Elrond of Rivendell, their son-in-law, to ask him if he had heard of a family looking for their little girl.